Friday, July 9, 2021

Sweet Season


Less Is More Challenge #447 begins today. We are challenged to make a card for Christmas In July!

I bought some Christmas stash very late in the 2020 Pre-Season, and of course I didn't use any of it in time for Christmas. I was anxious to get some of it out and start on some cards before December 2021 shows up! This very simple card is a Mini-Slimline size 3 1/2 x 6. I just love the size. It has taken me a while to warm up to the slimline craze, but I am getting there. I cut the base from Neenah Solar white 110# card stock. The scalloped panel was cut with a regular slimline die, then placed back in the die and cut again to get it to be the right length for a mini.

The solid candy canes were cut with red foil card stock, and the white layer was cut from white glitter paper. They are popped up with foam tape. The silver hangers were cut with adhesive backed silver paper. The sentiment was stamped and heat embossed with clear Embossing Powder.

Please head over to the Less Is More Blog and see what the Design Team has created for your inspiration. I hope you'll play along with us to share your creations. Remember to keep your design Clean And Simple. See challenge guidelines on the Less Is More Blog.


I'm also playing at:


10 comments:

Vicky Hayes said...

I can't think why I've never noticed that two candy canes can make a heart Stephanie! So clever and fun! Vicky x

SmilynStef said...

love that candy cane heart ... so glad you joined us for Stars & Stripes for Christmas at Jingle Belles.

Chrissy said...

Fabulous candy cane heart and CAS Christmas card, gorgeous..
Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Little Red Wagon, hope you will play again..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Nikki Spencer said...

Love this idea Stephanie, such a creative use of candy canes. Thanks for sharing at Just Add Ink.

Lynne said...

Love your card Stephanie and what a brilliant idea to make a heart with candy canes. Now why didn't I think of that?

KimB said...

Awww Stephanie this is adorable. I love your candy cane heart! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week. Kim

Nance said...

Such a sa-weet Christmas card! Love that dangling candy cane heart! Thanks for joining us at Krafty Chicks this week.

lauren bergold said...

oh my gosh, could this BE any cooler?! what a fun CAS design and a fab use of stripes! so pleased you could join our JINGLE BELLES fun!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh this card is too sweet! I love your heart candy canes - so creative and really effective. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

How creative - I never thought to do this! Off to hunt out my candy cane dies ...