Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Peace On Earth

I am so excited to say that I was invited to be Guest Designer for Muse: Christmas Visions MCV85! Today is the day! The Challenge is now open on the Muse: Christmas Visions Blog. Woot!! Thank you Cornelia and Ardyth!

As I was pondering my creation, I put my hand on this wonderful Hero Arts wood mounted stamp that I love so much. Thinking about the state of affairs in this crazy world in which we live, I decided to go with a theme of peace.

For the background panel, I pounced my Versa Mark pad on the SSS Falling Stars stencil and heat embossed with Ranger Liquid Platinum EP.
I embossed the earth image on watercolor paper with the same EP, and watercolored it with Jane Davenport Mermaid Markers. The sentiment is done with Winnie & Walter's The Big, The Bold and The Merry Cutaways and stamps. I mounted the earth and the word "peace" with foam tape, and finished it off using a paperclip for the ornament hanger.

As of this posting, there are 96 days until Christmas. Wouldn't it be lovely to have a stash of handmade cards to send? Please join me and the Muse: Christmas Visions Designers and get your Christmas Card making groove on! You can find all the details on how to play HERE. I am so looking forward to seeing how my card inspires. Have fun!!

I'm aslo playing at:

22 comments:

Ardyth said...

We are so thrilled to have you as our guest, Stephanie! Thanks so much for making this beautiful card! I can't wait to see how everyone will be inspired!

Jackie said...

Wow, i love this card...stunning!!!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Stephanie! I love the world bauble, I definitely need to get me one of these stamps, the whole design of this is stunning!! ❤️

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Luv
Lols x x x

Barb Ghig said...

Such a gorgeous Christmas card, Stephanie! Your embossing and beautiful watercoloring really makes the ornament pop and I love the font on your sentiment! Congrats on your well-deserved Guest Designer spot...I'm inspired!

Gerrina said...

It is a stunning card with a wish that is so needed! Hugs, Gerrina

Joyce said...

Yes, we all need peace. Your card is so very lovely. I have never seen an ornament/earth stamp--what a cool one. And, so beautiful as a peace on earth card.

Luci said...

Hi Steph! Congrats on being the guest designer - you are an inspiration! This is a gorgeous card with meaning so relevant in these concerning days. Peace and love, Luci

Gingin said...

Stephanie this is such a gorgeous Christmas card!! I love the image embossed and the watercoloring. Thank you so much for joining us this week at Stamp Ink Paper :)

Izzy Scrap said...

What a stunning card Stephanie ! And what a beautiful sentiment ! Your watercoloring is just amazing with this deep gorgeous blue and this green full of hope ! A wonderful layout too ! I LOVE it ! Thanks so much for sharing and for inspiring !

Ksenija @Sweet Kobylkin said...

Stephanie, fabulous card! Love the green-blue bubble and the red die cut Piece over it. - Sweet Kobylkin

Cindy H. said...

What a fabulous looking card! Love the colors and design.

Unknown said...

Stunning card :) love the effect you have created with heat embossing!

Greta said...

Oh what a neat card!

Emma Williams said...

What a stunning card and design...I love this and adore how you've created the bauble using the world! Thank you so much for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! x

LeAnne said...

Very pretty...gorgeous colors and great use of the watercoloring! So happy you played with the Stamp Ink Challenge this week!

laurie said...

This is awesome!Love the embossing and water coloring!

Trina P. said...

Gorgeous card. Love the idea. The embossing is beautiful. And congrats on being GD.

Jenny said...

Ah yes, this card and theme is so apt at the moment *sigh* Fabulous card and congrats on being the Muse too xx

wienerhoneymooners said...

AMAZING! Love this so much, and a SUPER inspiration!!!!
SO wonderful having you as a MUSE Christmas Visions Guest Artist!!!

Ksenija @Sweet Kobylkin said...

Stephanie, congratulations on being featured at SSS Monday Challenge!

Barbara said...

Your card is one beautiful inspiration, I love it! I got a bit carried away I guess but still: thank you!

BożenA said...

OOO, BEAUTIFUL! Wonderful treatment of the globe as Christmas tree balls and so beautifully painted!
Hugs,
BozenA