Friday, July 23, 2021

I'll Be By Your Side


It's time for a new challenge at Festive Friday where every challenge is an inspiration list based on a selected holiday/festivity from the traditional to the unusual. Challenge projects must include at least three items from the festivity inspiration list.


Since the Inspiration List is a mix of elements related to the festivity, the creator has the choice to make something for that festivity, or to ignore the festivity all together and create something just using three (or more) elements selected.

Today's festivities are in celebration of National Lighthouse Day, which takes place on August 7th.  The challenge runs from  July 23rd - August 2nd.

I like to create a card for our challenge that goes with the celebration theme. I have always loved the sight, the history and the stories of lighthouses everywhere. I live on the east coast of the US, and my state has 18 lighthouses.  Every year, there is an event called The Lighthouse Challenge of New Jersey that takes place on the third weekend of October. The challenge is to visit 10 land based lighthouses, 3 lifesaving stations, 1 museum and 1 virtual site over the two day weekend.  One of the lighthouses is Barnegat Light. We are blessed to have a shore house there, and I can visit "Old Barney" any time we are there. It is a magical sight.

I used a variety of products to create my lighthouse themed card. Supplies are listed below. I used red, blue, water and lighthouse from the inspo list. 

Come play with us! Remember that your project does not have to go with the challenge theme. You can just use 3 or more items from the Inspo List for your creation!
For more inspiration, be sure to visit the rest of the  Festive Friday Challenge Design team.

Stamps~Impression Obsession sentiment, Hero Arts birds from June 2018 MMH Kit
Ink~VersaFine Onyx Black, Stormy Shy Distress Oxide Ink
Accessories~A Colorful Life Designs Cloud Edger Stencil, Cottage Cutz Lighthouse Dies, Pinkfresh Studio Braided Tag Die

I'm also playing at:

6 comments:

Beth McCullough said...

How wonderful that you have such a connection with light houses. Your card is amazing!! Glad you're part of the FF team, Stephanie! :)

Ann Schach said...

Stephanie, your card is absolutely stunning! The clouds are spectacular, and this lighthouse die has to be one of the best I have seen. I LOVE everything about this card!

Nikki Spencer said...

What a fabulous coastal theme and use of our Just Add Ink challenge, those clouds are amazing! Thanks for sharing with us this week Stephanie.

Chantell Randall said...

I love your clouds! I think they are perfect for your lighthouse scene - because they are light and fluffy but bordering on stormy. I also love your great layout too. Chantell Just Add Ink

Sharon Hashimoto Burkert said...

I loved reading about the Lighthouse Challenge, what a fun event. Gorgeous card. Your clouds are just beautiful. You created a truly lovely scene.

ColourmehappyDi said...

I really like the cool, curved look of the scene you’ve created. So much depth too. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.
Di