Saturday, April 25, 2020

You Are Full Of Magic



It's time for a new challenge at Addicted To CAS. Our Code Word for ATCAS Challenge #183 is SILHOUETTE. Vicki is our hostess!

We have a wonderful Guest Designer with us for this challenge - Jane Taylor of Purplejet Loves Crafts. Jane is a very talented and prolific paper crafter. Her style is largely CAS, and her designs are amazing. She dabbles in all sorts of other crafts as well. Treat yourself to a stroll through her blog for a real treat.

I am thrilled with this card that I made for a dear friend who is always comforted by Mary Poppins when she needs a lift. God knows, we all need a lift these days from all that is happening in this world and on so many levels.

To create my card, I stamped the moon with all three images from Altenew's To The Moon with PTI Soft Stone and Altenew Evening Gray and Morning Frost inks. I then die cut it with the smaller circle die from the matching die set. I die cut the black panel with the moon die and inlaid the die cut moon. I used a sponge dauber to create the halo effect of the moon with Picket Fence Distress ink. I then stenciled Mary Poppins from JB Cookie Cutters with VersaFine Black Onyx ink. I mixed some glitter powder with embossing paste and applied it to the card base using Tim Holtz's Speckles Stencil. Finally, I stamped a sentiment from Gray Muse's You Grow Girl and die cut it with a Pink and Main Sentiment Strip die and popped it up. I adhered fun foam to the balck panel and then adhered that panel to a while Neeneh Solar White 110# card base.

Please head on over to the ATCAS Challenge Blog, take a look at the wonderful inspiration pieces the Design Team has created for your inspiration, and make something to share in the gallery. Challenge winner will be offered a Guest Designer spot for a future challenge. Happy crafting!

Please remember that this is a CAS challenge. Here is a definition to remind you:

I am also playing at:

All stamps and Mary Poppins stencil are all new to me, and never before used "schtuff".


15 comments:

Barb Ghig said...

Your moon and sky are absolutely stunning, Stephanie! I love that you chose Mary Poppins for your silhouette, too...such a fabulous card!

I hope you and your family are doing well and that you've managed to stay healthy through all of this mess! Sending hugs and good energy your way...Barb xx

I Card Everyone said...

This card, and a spoonful of sugar, makes the medicine go down, and the situation we're all in so much easier to deal with - in the most delightful way! your friend is going to LOVE IT!! I know I love every. single. bit of it!
=]

Inkyfingers said...

Wow, Stephanie! This card is simply stunning. I have never seen such a beautifully stamped moon and the silhouette image is perfect.
Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM and I hope you will join us again soon.
Hope you are keeping well.
Hugs
Carol x

Marlena M. said...

Simply perfection Stephanie! Love this~

Claire said...

This is just fabulous! It caught my eye straight away over at ATCAS - love it!

Darnell said...

Your card is what'a magical, Stephanie! I'm having trouble finding words, so you know I'm over the moon just like Mary Poppins! The way you did the moon and night sky around it is just flawless! You need to submit this to a magazine!! Take care and keep safe and thanks for sharing at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Vicki Dutcher said...

This is amazing! That moon glows and I adore that Mary Poppins image -- awesome card

Vicky Hayes said...

A total showstopper and practically perfect in every way Stephanie! Wow, that moon! I think your friend is going to love this to bits! Vicky x

Nandini said...

Gorgeous card! I love the background and the moon looks fantastic! Great to see you in our gallery and hope you will join us again soon at the ATSM Challenges!! Please do visit my blog Paint Paper Scissors for more inspiration.
Nandini – Design Team member, ATSM Challenges

ElizStewart said...

SO MUCH FUN! Mary Poppins was brilliant... someone will love getting this card!

ElizStewart said...

Stephanie... I just checked out JB Cookie Cutters. You are so inventive! What a great use of stencils. Thank you for sharing.

Unknown said...

I adore Mary Poppins!! What size stencil did you use on this wonderful card? I checked out JB Cookie Cutters, but didn't know what size to order. Thank you for your help and keep up the fantastic creativity!!

Marina said...

Magical!

Jaydee said...

Stephanie, you could have made this beautiful card for my bestie - she would also be comforted by it. Stunning
hugs
jaydee

Bobby said...

The way you shaded around that fabulous moon really does make the card magical, Stephanie. It's supercalifragilistic!