Thursday, February 8, 2024

LOVE

 

It's time for a new challenge at Just Us Girls. It's Word Week this week, the word is LOVE and Elizabeth is our host.

For my card, I used Hero Arts Love & Florals die set that I bought around Valentines Day last year, and never broke it out. Since Elizabeth's chosen word was love, I die cut a white rectangle and backed it with Echo Park patterned paper. I die cut the flowers and colored them with Distress Oxide inks. I popped up the white panel with Fun Foam onto an embossed panel, adhered that to a white card base, and my card was complete.

This month we are joined by Denise Morgans of The Crafty Den as Guest Designer. Please head on over to the Just Us Girls Challenge Blog to see what Denise and the rest of the Design Team have made to spark your creativity. Come play with us!

Project Details
Stamps/DiesHero Arts Love and Florals Fancy Dies
Cardstock    110lb. Neenah Solar Crest
Echo Park Love Notes 6x6 Paper Pad
PTI Ocean Tides
 Ink Distress Oxide - various pinks and greens
Embellishments Hero Arts Gemstones
Other Altenew Rows Of Squares 3D Embossing Folder
Spellbinders Platinum Plus Die Cutting & Embossing Machine
Scor-Pal Score Board
Fiskars 12" SureCut Deluxe Craft Paper Trimmer
Bearly Art Precision Glue
Scor-Pal Score Tape-3/4"
Adhesive backed Fun Foam

I'm also playing at:



13 comments:

Jaydee said...

Stephanie, I absolutely love those stripes behind the negative LOVE. I love the colors, too. Such a great take on the challenge. So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week
hugs
jaydee

Claire Broadwater said...

Stephanie, this is amazing! I love the embossed background and the stripes behind the negative space. Such fun colors, too! SO happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week!

I Card Everyone said...

I'm definitely feelin' the LOVE on your darling card, Stephanie! What a brilliant way to use some very pretty paper! [use the ef with brown and you've got yourself a KitKat, right?]
=]

ElizStewart said...

Stephanie... check your link on your card on JUGS site. I wasn't able to click through. Just stopping by to say I love how you and Sue used strips! You should think about submitting to the Male Room as well.

Lisa Elton said...

I love the striped letters! This is charming, Stephanie!

Carol said...

Stephanie, your bit LOVE die is awesome and the patterned paper behind it is full of fun color! Pretty flowers too! Great Valentine!

Jolanda Johnstone said...

This is a really nice card. Love the soft subtle color choices and I think the EF is so neat. Thank you for sharing your card with us at Paper Players this week. Cheers, Jolanda - DT

Stef Perry said...

Fabulous card, Stephanie! The big block nature of the love die cut panel works so perfectly with the striped patterned paper and I just adore the color palette!

cm said...

WOW! Such an eye-catching card with the oh-so-pretty Love, complete with sweet flowers. The embossed panel is amazing and certainly adds to the impact. LOVE this!
hugs~c

SmilynStef said...

What an awesome design ... love it.

Ina G said...

ooooooooooooh! how awesome and beautiful this card is Stephanie. Looooooove the used of the striped dp and pretty flowers. Perfect background depth too. It's a winner!

Vicki Dutcher said...

This is fabulous! That textured background is awesome

Linda Callahan said...

This is so pretty! Love the details and the striped letters! Glad you shared it at TTTC!