Saturday, September 9, 2023

To The Moon And Back

 



Hello and welcome to my blog. I am here with my second appearance as Guest Designer for Just Us Girls. I am thrilled to be here. Challenge #696 starts today. It's word week and the word is "moon". You can go in a million wonderful directions with that word. I chose to use Papertrey Ink's Sun & Moon stamps & dies that I have had for so many years and never used. I am cataloging my supplies and am amazed at what I am finding! 

I ink blended the background with DO inks, gold embossed and die cut rays, then silver embossed and die cut moon. I stamped and embossed the sentiment to the right of the moon, added some gold splatters and bling from A Colorful Life Designs and my card was complete.

Please head over to the Just Us Girls Challenge Blog to see the awesome creations the DT have made to inspire you. Come play!  

Project Details
Stamps/DiesPapertrey Ink Sun & Moon stamps & dies
Cardstock    110# & 80# Neenah Solar Crest
 InkVarious Distress Oxide inks
Versa Fine Clair Nocturne
Embellishments Bling gifted from A Colorful Life Designs
Other WOW Clear Embossing Powder
WOW Dual Speed Heat Tool
Spellbinders Platinum Plus Die Cutting & Embossing Machine
Scor-Pal Score Board
Fiskars 12" SureCut Deluxe Craft Paper Trimmer
MISTI Stamping Tool
Bearly Art Precision Glue
Simon Says Stamp Foam Squares
Heidi Swapp Gold Color Shine

I'm also playing at:


PTI Sun & Moon stamps & dies


12 comments:

Nancy said...

Stephanie, This card is so eye-catching and perfect to start the gallery at Just Us Girls. Love that background! Have a great Saturday!

Lisa Kind said...

This is the perfect stamp for this challenge! Isn't it wonderful finding such great things in our stash? It happened to me with this challenge as well! Your card is beautiful. I love how you created that moon.

I Card Everyone said...

Stephanie, I think you have the most wonderful, eclectic stash. GORGEOUSNESS can always be found here!
=]

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love the look of this “modern” moon against that striking background 😊

Carol said...

First, that background is just fabulous! Then the unique Sun and Moon image and that sentiment are the icing on the cake!!! So happy you are guesting this month with us!

ElizStewart said...

Just gorgeous Stephanie!!!

Bobby said...

So glad you found this wonderful stamp and sentiment in your stash, Stephanie. Your ink blending is fabulous and the perfect spot for your sun and moon.

Lisa Elton said...

So happy this set finally saw the light of day... eh...light of the moon! I like your inked panel, terrific colors. Wowee is this ever pretty, Stephanie!

cm said...

Swooning over your fabulous sun-and-moon image that really pops against the bold, beautiful blended background. Talk about inspiration at the A+++ level! Love this, my friend!
hugs~c

Darnell said...

Wow, Stephanie, that's a stunning blended background for that cool stylized half-moon and sediment! The gold schplatters and bling are perfect jewelry! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Your background is amazing and blended so perfectly! I love how is showcases your awesome moon with the sun rays.

Ina G said...

Simply spectacular Stephanie. Such an eye catching design and such beautiful blending. Love it!