Saturday, September 16, 2023

Friends Are The Family That We Choose



Hello, and welcome to my blog. I am so happy to be here once again as September Guest Designer at Just Us Girls. I am loving this gig! This week's challenge #697 is a Mood Board, which I love. 

Here's a close up of the Mood Board so you can see all the wonderful details.


For my card, I zeroed in on the hand holding the leaf (check the merlot nails), and then lots of beautiful Autumn color that is present in each of the photos on the board... and then, there's the pie! I combined some things old and new from my stash. It was one of those projects that looks simple, but took forever to get right. In the end, I am pleased with the way it turned out.

Please hop on over to the Just Us Girls Challenge Blog to see what the lovely and talented Design Team has created to inspire you. Light a cinnamon, apple or pumpkin scented candle, and let your imagination take you to warm, cozy and creative places. Hope to see you in the gallery!

Project Details
Stamps/DiesThe Greetery Holding Hands stamps & Dies
Papertrey Ink Leaf Prints stamps & dies
Spellbinders Fluted Classics Circles dies
Reverse Confetti Autumn Sentiments
Cardstock    SU Cajun Craze & More Mustard
80# Neenah Solar white
Authentique 6x6 Thankful Collection
 Ink Catherine Pooler Merlot
Tattered Rose, Antique Linen, Bundled Sage, 
 Rusted Wilderness Distress Inks
Embellishments Twine, Hero Arts Adhesive Crystal
Other Spellbinders Platinum Plus Die Cutting & Embossing Machine
Sizzix Side Kick
Scor-Pal Score Board
Fiskars 12" SureCut Deluxe Craft Paper Trimmer
MISTI Stamping Tool
Bearly Art Precision Glue
Scor-Pal Score Tape-1"
Scrapbook.com Foam Squares

11 comments:

cm said...

Stephanie, your card is a lovely take on the image/colours that caught your eye. Yes, it took time but the results are sensational. The double leaf...swoon! Love it! Yet again, you inspire with your creativity!
hugs~c

I Card Everyone said...

We are on our way to pick [up] a bushel of Honeycrisp this morning, Stephanie - and maybe a quick stop for a little bottle of Merlot polish?
Gorgeous painting on that hand/arm, my sister!
=]

Carol said...

Stephanie, your fall card with its wine country colors and feel is fabulous! Every detail that you were inspired by is evident in your wonderful card!!!!

Julia Aston said...

Congrats on the guest DT gig Stephanie - and what a great card - I have those arm/hands from The Greetery and have yet to play with them - you have inspired me to get them out - what a lovely design with the beautiful striped fall colors background, that pretty die cut circle and the wonderful hand holding the double leaves - not to mention the great sentiment! well done! Julia xx

Vicki Dutcher said...

I just prove that hand with the ring on it! Awesome inspiredcard

Nancy said...

I just love your card, Stephanie! It is quite evident where you got your inspiration from. Fabulous job! Have a great week!

Lisa Elton said...

Well let me just say you nailed what inspired you right down to those Merlot nails! FABulous card, Stephanie!

Ina G said...

Simply fabulous Stephanie. Love your take on the mood board with the hand holding that colourful leaf.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love how you were inspired by the Moodboard! That hand holding the leaf is fabulous right down to the manicure!

ElizStewart said...

Stephanie... wowzer on your take of the inspiration photo! A perfect rendition! and I so love that you put a ring on "it"! This card is so fall and so much fun! We are so lucky to have you as our guestie this month! Thank you.

Bobby said...

Wow,Stephanie! Just WOW! I love everything about your fantastic card. The hand, the leaves, the wonderful DSP and that great sentiment.