Saturday, September 2, 2023

High Tides Good Vibes




Hello and welcome to my blog! I am so pleased to be here today and throughout the month of September as Guest Designer for Just Us Girls Challenges. I am grateful to have this wonderful opportunity to design with this lovely and talented group of crafters whose work I enjoy and admire so much.

Now on to my card... This is a departure from my current style. This is a lot of layers for me, though it just seemed to work with what I had in mind. The challenge colors of aqua and apricot made me think of sea and sun which led me to this gorgeous stencil and sentiment from A Colorful Life Designs. I die cut the circle, popped it up and mounted it on a square card base to  which I adhered patterned papers in the challenge colors. I tried out some embellishments, but in the end, less was more. My card was complete.

Please head over to the Just Us Girls Challenge Blog and see what the Designers have created for your inspiration. Come play with us! We can't wait to see what you come up with.

Project Details
Stamps/DiesA Colorful Life Designs Chasing The Sun Stamps
Spellbinders Fluted Classics Circles Dies
Spellbinders Nested Squares Dies
Cardstock    80# & 110# Neenah Solar Crest
Sunny Studios Dots & Stripes 6x6 Paper Pack
 InkVersa Clair
Various Distress Oxide Inks
Embellishments
Other A Colorful Life Designs Sun & Surf Stencil
Various Blending Brushes
WOW Heat Tool
Spellbinders Platinum Plus Die Cutting & Embossing Machine
Scor-Pal Score Board
Fiskars 12" SureCut Deluxe Craft Paper Trimmer
MISTI Stamping Tool
Bearly Art Precision Glue
Scor-Pal Score Tape-1"
Fun Foam

8 comments:

cm said...

Welcome to Just Us Girls, Stephanie; so wonderful to have you as our September Guest Designer. Your card: OHMYSTARS! Your sea-and-sun stenciled and layered card is gorgeous! Sometimes, changing things up with our styles and doing some different yields the most awe-mazing results, as you've clearly shown here. Love this!
hugs~c

I Card Everyone said...

What a wonderful use of those challenge colors, Stephanie! Congratulations on your GD month - we're the winners because we'll be seeing more from you this month!
I think this stencil was made for you!
=]

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fabulous use of the colors! Love the pattern use also. Welcome to JUGS for September 😊

Lisa Elton said...

I love the movement those pretty waves have and as you probably already know, I'm smitten with those polka dots! Wonderful layers, Stephanie, this is a perfectly delightful card. So HAPPY to have you guesting with us this month!

Carol said...

First, so happy to have you with us this month!!! This card...omg! Your design just plays so well with our colors this week and I love that stencil SO much!!!! The fluted circle die adds such great texture and the patterned paper squares do also! Gorgeous card!!!!!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

A huge welcome to JUGS this month! Your card is gorgeous! I love how you used the colors for the beautiful sea and sunrise as well as the polka dots and striped background layers.

Bobby said...

I love all the ways you incorporated the colors, Stephanie, with the stenciling and patterned paper. Great design. So great to have you guesting with us.

Ina G said...

Wow Stephanie what a 'Stunner' you have here Love how you incorporated the colours and your layout is so creative. Amazing colourful layers and papers. So happy to have you share your talents with us this month at JUGS.