Wednesday, December 7, 2022

Merry Christmas Bauble


The other day I was leaving some love for Lisa Elton of My Paper Tales and found this fabulous card (below) looking back at me. Isn't it beautiful?? I knew I had to CASE it... well, I pretty much copied it.

 

My Drop Ornament Memory Box die is so similar, so I pulled it out along with a BasicGrey 6x6 Christmas themed paper pad from 2009 that I have used a lot but still have a lot to go, and I went to town cutting strips, piecing them together and die cutting. I popped the ornament up on fun foam. I heat embossed, die cut and popped up the two pieces of the sentiment (The Greetery) and placed them on the ornament. I then glued the finished ornament on a panel that I dry embossed with Spellbinders Scenic Poinsettias EF and adhered that panel to a white card base. I love the way this turned out. Thank you, Lisa, for the inspiration!

I am playing at:

9 minutes, 58 seconds



11 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I couldn't wait to see this, Stephanie and it was worth the wait! It's beautiful! I love the paper and the EF you used. Thanks for the love, my friend ~ XO. Sweet P made those panels for you and I mailed them yesterday!

I Card Everyone said...

I know Lisa has to be tickled pink about this, Stephanie - a fabulous CASE of a darling card!!
Don't we miss those Basic Grey papers???
=]

Darlene said...

Oh Steph this is gorgeous! I can see why you'd want to case Lisa's beautiful card! Awesome inspiration to us all! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace On Earth challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!

Darlene
PEACE ON EARTH
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Jan Clothier said...

Both the original and the CASE are fabulous! It's amazing how fast you can go when you know exactly what you want to do - I've decided it takes me a long time to make things because I waste so much time moving things around and changing my mind about which folder to use! Anyway, this is a fantastic creation. Thank you for joining us at As You See It.

Lia said...

Your bauble is amazing and I like the embossed background!
Lia DT POE

Heather said...

So gorgeous, Stephanie - love the scrappy ornament, and that EF is wonderful! You made it just in time, too - wow! Thanks so much for playing at As You See It!

Heather Cooper said...

Stephanie, I just love your paper-pieced ornament and the embossed background it's sitting on! Awesome! And the die cut sentiment looks amazing as well! Thanks for getting your adrenaline pumping with us at As You See It Challenges!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Just beautiful Stephanie! I loved Lisa's original card when she made it and your CASE is a beautiful take on it! CASEing is a great way to save time too as it gives you a ready-made layout/recipe - perfect when you're against the clock! Thanks for playing along with our speed challenge over at As You See It!

valscraftings said...

A beautiful embossed background and fabulous bauble!

Thank you for joining in at The Most Magical Time of the Year Challenge.
Val – DT
https://mostmagicaltimeoftheyear.blogspot.com

Helen said...

Beautiful - love your embossed backgrounds.

Thanks for joining us at The Most Magical Time of the Year.

Helen x
DT

Dotty Jo said...

Sorry to be so late commenting - so many cards in the gallery at CKC. This is a stunning card, Steph. I love it! Thanks for playing, Jo x