Saturday, August 27, 2022

The World Needs Your Gifts


Less Is More #472 starts today and ends on September 9th. We are challenged to create a Clean & Simple card using Vellum. 

My card features the Jumbo Curiosity Dragonfly Die Cut from The Greetery. I cut it from a remnant of Alcohol Inked card stock placed the over a die cut circle of vellum from a wedding invitation. I adhered my dragonfly and vellum circle to an embossed circle created with one of the dies from the PinkFresh Braided Circles Die Set. The sentiment is from The Gray Muse's You Grow Girl stamped with VersaFine Onyx Black ink and heat embossed with Wow Clear EP.

Please head over to the Less Is More Blog and see what the Design Team has created for your inspiration. I hope you'll play along with us to share your creations. Remember to keep your design Clean And Simple which we define as designs that include large areas of CLEAR AND CLEAN space with NO PATTERN, NO INK and NO TEXTURE See challenge guidelines on the Less Is More Blog.


I'm also playing at:

The Greetery Jumbo Curiousity Dragonfly Die


10 comments:

Darnell said...

I love dragonflies and, wow, did you ever capture their beautiful wings with this gorgeous card, Stephanie! (I might have to add this guy to my stash of dragonflies!) The wedding vellum and pierced circle setting work perfectly behind him. Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS with all your designs! Hugs, Darnell

Lisa Elton said...

You've created a lovely place for your dragonfly to land, Stephanie! Love his vibrant wings. This is fabulous!

Laurie Unger said...

I love that dragonfly - I have the smaller one and I'm debating whether to get this big one or not. Great way to upcylce the wedding card vellum.

Kathyk said...

Glorious dragonfly card, lovely colours.

Thank you so much for your kind comments on my blog, delighted you liked the technique used. If you want to see more then there are a couple of Youtube videos which explain it well .... by Christine Stokes (Chrissie), in case you are interested.

Happy Sunday

Kathyk

Liz said...

Wonderful card, your dragonfly is fabulous. Thank you for sharing your card over in the NBUS Challenge this month.
Liz - Guest Designer xx

Helen said...

Gorgeous Stephanie. I love dragonflies and this one is so pretty and perfect over the recycled vellum!

Nancy said...

Such a pretty card, Stephanie!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my I love your wings from the AI, beautiful colors and great way to reuse the vellum!

sandie said...

Gosh, what a clever way to use the vellum, I wouldn't have realised it was vellum! And love the colours of the dragonfly-as always a wondaful CAS card-sending hugs x

BożenA said...

Beautiful CAS card, Stephanie. I love beautiful dragonfly wings. The whole composition is really amazing, with a beautiful embossing and velin. A great entry to our Perfectly CAS challenge.
BożenA DT PC