Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Happy Birthday To You



I made this card for a dear friend who I have known since I was a college freshman. (a few years ago - LOL). She and I were housemates way back then. Fuchsia plants were always hanging from our porch and they always make me think of her, so I wanted to use them on her card. 

I have had this Hero Arts color layering Fuchsia stamp and die sets for a very long time, and finally dug them out. I thought they would look gorgeous set on top of this Sizzix 3-D Texture Fades Embossing Folder Doily by Tim Holtz. I used vellum for the embossing which gave it such a realistic look. The sentiment is from Altenew's Fresh Freesia stamp set. I added a few silver metallic pearls from PinkFresh Studio, and my card was complete.

I am playing at:





Use actual clear, cling, wood stamps, no digi images allowed.

7 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

The vellum doily was the perfect spot to lay those lovely Fuchsia. A wonderful card for your friend, Stephanie!

Nancy said...

Such a thoughtful and pretty card for your friend, Steph! The vellum was a fabulous idea, it gave the card some detail but doesn't take too much away from the Fuschia flowers. Thanks for playing at Seize the Birthday! Hugs!

Kate said...

This is SO lovely! The use of vellum for the doily was inspired - such a pretty backdrop for these gorgeous blooms!

Darnell said...

What a great eye for design you have, Stephanie! That doily cut in vellum is so elegant and made a stunning backdrop for the beautiful layered fuchsia! Your sediment choice is also fabulous. I love the font, inked in matching color! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

I Card Everyone said...

That vellum was such a brilliant choice for your doily, Stephanie - hope I remember this!
I'm betting your friend has fond memories of your time living together - I wonder if Fuchsia are her trigger, too?
A beautiful way to remember your friendship!
=]

Brenda in IN said...

A sweet story to go along with this elegant card. A great reminder of your lovely friend.

shirley-bee said...

Pretty card, Stephanie! I love the doily on vellum, such a soft background for the fuchsia. Thanks for playing along with us at Seize The Birthday 🥳