Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Playing Cards With Friends



Playing Cards with Friends!
with Michele Ferguson

One of the things I so love about the paper crafting blog world, is the friendships that are forged and fostered - many of which are with people you have not met and may never meet in person. These friendships can spring from many things from admiration of creative talents to the power of the written word. There is so much you can discover about a person via this wonderful medium.

Michele Ferguson is one of those people in my life. Michele's creations have made me swoon every time I see one, from the moment I saw her work for the first time. She has an incredible eye for design and color and a fantastic wit about her. In essence, I love her brain. Yes, it's true. We ALMOST met when I had a trip planned to visit another friend in Michigan, but personal circumstances made me postpone my travel, and then COVID. Some day...

All that brings me to this post today. I am so excited and honored to have received and accepted Michele's invitation to play with her in the August 2022 edition of:
Playing Cards with Friends!

Our assignment: 
  • A card for one of our special guys [you choose which one]
  • Must use the PTI Kinda Corny set
  • Stamping and summer color

I do love a good challenge, but this one was a real stumper for me. I struggled long and hard to come up with something, and then suddenly and finally, it hit me! My son, Greg, just moved into a townhouse in a lovely part of Philadelphia with 2 friends. It's a fabulous place and I am so happy for him. Greg is starting a PhD program at Wharton, and the other guys are starting their careers. Greg is my special guy for my card. The two corn cob people represent my husband, Joe and me. We are thrilled for Greg in his new home and his new academic pursuit. I created our CORN-y sentiment by altering a sentiment from SSS Home Sweet Home stamp set  and placed it in the speech bubble on the top of the card. The background is made with Altenew's Dotted Starburst Debossing Cover Die.


Thank you, Michele for inviting me to play with you. Much love.

7 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Corny? YES!! and OH so fabulous! Just the kind of card I love and why doesn't corn grow in THESE fun colors?? Imagine a field of green and aqua cornhusks!
You have really put your heart into this assignment, Stephanie - how wonderful for Greg! Has he checked out the Reading Market yet? It's my absolute favorite place in Philly!
Thank you so much for the sweet introduction, my friend - I'm saying YES to that meeting one day on your beach or mine! xx and love right back to you...
=]

Linda Callahan said...

Your bright splashy corn is fabulous ….and fun! Playing cards with Michele is fabulous and fun as well….you are a great partner! Wishing your son much success in his new endeavor!

Bonnie said...

What fun corn, Stephanie! Love the specs and the lovely tassels!

Lisa Elton said...

How fun is this! Love their little glasses! Congrats to your son, I think he'll get a kick out of your 'corny' card! Michele is a sweetheart. I hope you two can get together one day, she's fun to craft with!

Marcia Hill said...

What FUN and bright ears of corn Stephanie, and the specs totally make this card shine...your son is going to love it!! Michele is a hoot, isn't she??!! I sure hope you get to meet her someday in person...Michele and I met through stamping too and live about 45 minutes away from each other and always have the best time together! (More laughing and talking than stamping!!) Hugs. :0)

Leslie Miller said...

Ha! Friendliest corn I've ever seen! Love the blue hair, er, husk. Congratulations and good luck to your son!

Stef Perry said...

A tricky challenge from the clever and talented Michele, and you totally aced it with your fun card for your son! Love the eyeglasses! I hope your son excels at Wharton and enjoys his terrific place in Philly!