Friday, April 1, 2022

Hello Spring

 


I am so pleased to be here as Guest Designer for the April Four Seasons Spring Challenge that starts today, April 1st.


Here is the mood board for the challenge:


I love Magnolias - Pink, Star, Chinese, Figo... you name it. Growing up, there was a huge Pink  Magnolia tree in our front yard that had been planted by my grandfather as a gift to our family. Every year when in bloomed in all of its magnificence, we would pray everyday that a spring frost would not come and turn it all brown. I have been thinking of that tree, especially with the fluctuation in our weather here is the northeastern part of the US, and it seemed fitting that for my Spring card, I would go with Magnolias.
 
I embossed a 4x5.5 panel of 110 lb. card stock with  the SSS Magnolias Embossing Folder. I used blending brushes to apply 3 shades of pink Distress Oxide Inks directly onto the EF. I ran it though my die cutting machine and got this beautiful result. I added sentiments from Neat & Tangled Hello Spring stamps and dies and glued some Dew Drops and my card was complete.

Thank you so much Darlene and Diane, for having me as Guest Designer for this challenge. Please head on over to the Four Seasons Challenge blog and check out what the fabulous Design Team has come up with to get your creative juices flowing.

I's also playing at:

Must use Embossing Folder(s)

9 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

A big congrats on your guesting gig Stephanie! Your debut card is beautiful!

Diane said...

Absolutely stunningly gorgeous!! Thank you so much for being our Guest Designer for April at Four Seasons with your beautiful card! Thank you for joining our fun challenge too at Can You Handle The Pressure!!!
Diane CYHTP DT {Nellies Nest}
{Can You Handle The Pressure}

Lia said...

Gorgeous embossed card!! I like the pink color.
Lia DT CYHTP

Darlene said...

Oh Steph this is GORGEOUS!!! Love the colors and the embossing is GORGEOUS!! Thanks so much for being our Guest Designer on Four Seasons and thanks also for sharing this beauty with us over on our Can You Handle the Pressure embossing challenge. AWESOME inspiration!!!

baileyrosy.com said...

Congratulations on being guest designer at four seasons. As for your card I love the embossing folder beautifully coloured and the bold sentiment is a perfect addition.

Marie

I Card Everyone said...

Not only have you used the most gorgeous embossing folder, but Stephanie you've also mastered the art of adding ink to it! Love the highlights and shadows you've achieved and that bit of Ombre effect? Gorgeous!
Congratulations on being chosen as a guest designer - they might not let you go!
=]

Glenda said...

Thank you for being a guest designer for The Four Seasons Challenge. Your card is stunning and I love everything about it!
Glenda
DT/FS

Melanie Hungerford said...

Very pretty, it amazes me how inking the folder created such a beautiful look, and those water drops add the perfect touch. So happy to have you as our guest designer this month!

Bunny said...

This is so pretty. I love the pink colors you chose. What a great embossing folder. [Bunny]