Friday, April 1, 2022

From The Bottom Of My He{art}


It's time for a new challenge at Festive Friday where every challenge is an inspiration list based on a selected holiday/festivity from the traditional to the unusual. Challenge projects must include at least three items from the festivity inspiration list. Your project does not have to go with the challenge theme. You can just use 3 or more items from the inspo list for your creation.


Today's festivities are inspired by World Art Day, which takes place on April 15th. The challenge runs from April 1st to April 11th.

I like to create a card for our challenge that goes with the theme. For this one, I used Paper Smooches I Heart Art stamps and Easel and Paint Palette dies. I stamped the paint tube image down the left side of a Tim Holtz water color panel using my MISTI, and water colored them with Inktense Watercolor Pencils. I die cut the palette and filled it with rainbow colors and popped it up with foam tape. I die cut the easel, stamped one of the sentiments on the "paper" and popped it up with foam tape. I added a few splashes and my card was complete.
I used watercolor paper, paint splats, easel, primary colors and watercolor pencils from the inspo list.

Come play with us! Remember that your project does not have to go with the challenge theme. You can just use 3 or more items from the inspo list for your creation!

For more inspiration, be sure to visit the rest of the Festive Friday Challenge Design team:


7 comments:

Diane Evans said...

Now that is an amazing card for World Art Day!! I love it!

Lisa Elton said...

What a fun card and so cute!

Sharon Hashimoto Burkert said...

You always seem to have just the perfect stamp set/images to fit the festivity. So very impressive. A fabulous card for the challenge!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What a perfect card for World Art Day Stephanie - a true celebration of your inner artist, I love it!

Ann Schach said...

Stephanie, your cards are always a delight AND always SO perfect for the festivity. I always LOVE what you create!

Melanie Hungerford said...

I love those little paint tubes in the rainbow colors and the matching palette, and it all goes together perfectly with the artist's easel to display the sentiment. Awesome card!!!

Jaydee said...

Stephanie, what a fabulous card! I am obsessed with the sentiment and your tube paints in rainbow order! What is not to love about this card
hugs
jaydee