Wednesday, June 28, 2023

CAS Peonies -Thinking Of You

 


This card is a celebration of my first go with my new Altenew Stampwheel. It was a BD gift from my DH. I was a little dubious at first. I used what appeared to me to be an "easy to use" Altenew layering stamp set, and it turned out pretty well. I am usually pretty frustrated by layering stamps in terms of getting them lined up correctly. Lots of swearing usually involved. Sometimes tears. I watched Simon Hurley's review and demo, then I used to amazingly talented Michele Ferguson's tutorial with success. I will be posting another card soon with the results. I did let out a few "YAY's in the process. I am now ready to persevere.

I'm playing at:
CAS Thinking of You

Die Cut, Bright Colour, CAS

Project Details
Stamps/DiesAltenew Build-A-Flower Peony Blossom
Altenew Thinking Of You
Cardstock    110# Neenah Solar Crest
80# Neenah Solar White
 Ink PTI Honey Nut, Bright Buttercup, Harvest Gold, New Leaf & 
Simply Chartreuse
Embellishments No Hole Glass Beads
Other Altenew Stampwheel
Spellbinders Platinum Plus Die Cutting & Embossing Machine
Scor-Pal Score Board
Fiskars 12" SureCut Deluxe Craft Paper Trimmer
MISTI Stamping Tool
Bearly Art Precision Glue
SU Dimensionals

5 comments:

cm said...

I think you should do a bunch of 'yays' given the awesome results you achieved with the stamp wheel! Your flowers are gorgeous! So thrilled to see you in the JUGS gallery! (No stamp wheel for me...too expensive here in my part of Canada).
hugs~c

Lisa Elton said...

Looks like you and your new tool will be best friends, Stephanie! This turned out beautifully. I'm so happy you played along at Just Us Girls!

I Card Everyone said...

It was a yay-filled day, Stephanie! Looks to me like you really didn't need me at all!
Such a gorgeous example of CAS design, my friend! Love the little bit of lift given to your beautiful Hibiscus!
=]

TK said...

Beautiful card, and definitely successful on the layered flower stamps!

Kathyk said...

Delightful make and such a lovely "sunny" colour

Kathyk