Saturday, June 24, 2023

Hello From My Happy Place - Take 2


On 6/15/23 (2 posts down), I posted a card made with Spellbinders Day At The Beach die set that I had not used before. You can see that card HERE.  That was my first time using the set, and there were 3 bothersome flaws in the card I made: the polka dot paper that I used camouflaged the "hello" inlaid in the hat brim; the loose ribbons were glued on backwards, and the sea foam was wonky because I embossed it twice, and somehow the cardstock moved with the second inking.

These things bothered me, so I deconstructed the first one and remade it reversing the papers on the hat (you can now see the "hello" clearly), gluing the gold ribbons on the hat correctly, and heat embossing the sea foam without the wonkiness! I also moved the beach bag to the right side.

I really love this card.  I am happy with it now and will be making lots of others with this wonderful set.

I am playing at:






Project Details
Stamps/DiesGina K - Ocean Minded stamp ser
Spellbinders - Day At The Beach die set
Cardstock   110# Neenah Solar Crest
80# Neenah Solar White
Various Gina K, SU, Mirror Cardstock and Patterned Papers
 InkVersaMark, DOX Peacock Feathers & Antique Linen
Embellishments
OtherSizzix Sidekick
Scor-Pal Score Board
Fiskars 12" SureCut Deluxe Craft Paper Trimmer
MISTI Stamping Tool
Bearly Art Precision Glue
Scor-Pal Score Tape-1/4"
3M foam tape

5 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Take 2 is perfection, Stephanie! I am loving that foamy water's edge!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

You had me with the polka dot hat!! Fabulous remake, Stephanie!!

Heather said...

Wow, this is amazing, Stephanie! What a great set of dies to play with - love the details you pulled in, and the glorious beach scene you set her in! Thanks so much for playing at Make My Monday!

Jackie Beers said...

Wow! The scene you created is so great. I love how you designed the water. Great job! And thank you for joining the Make My Monday Challenge.

Dawn Phillips said...

Gorgeous scene. It would be my happy place too. Thanks for joining my challenge at Make My Monday. Love Dawn x