Thursday, August 12, 2021

People

 



Time Out #194 begins today, We are challenged to create a card inspired by the photo above. The challenge runs from Thursday, August 12, 2021 to August 25, 2021.

Our wonderful sponsor is Time Out Challenges Design Team Member Kim Heggins of RunningStitchDesign. Our challenge winner will receive the bag pictured as the prize. Running Stitch Design is Kim's Etsy store that is full of all things hand stitched.

We have two guest designers for this challenge: Nathalie of wonderingwabbit on Instagram and our wonderful co-founder and long time leader Sandie Munro of London Days. Welcome Nathalie, and welcome home Sandie.

Check out our blog for all the info on our challenge, the prize, our wonderful guest designers, and the fabulous inspiration of the Design Team.

For my card, I focused on the women encircled in the fabric design of Kim's wonderful tote. I used my never before used Julie Ebersol's Voices In My Head stamp set from Ellen Hutson. I stamped, colored with Copics and fussy cut the main image of the bunned woman and popped her up on a gel print background. I used a speech bubble die from Paper Smooches, and stamped one of the sentiments from Voices In My Head Volume 3 by Julie Ebersole. I added some blue gems for a little bling, and my card was complete.

Please hop on over to the Time Out Challenge Blog to see the wonderful creations that Jen and the Design Team came up with to inspire you. Come play with us!

I'm also playing at:


All stamps and dies on this project have been awaiting use for a loooooong time.




10 comments:

Nonni said...

Your card is such a good "match" with the bag, love it! The background with the circles looks very cool and artsy and the lady with the bun is like straight from the bag!! Very fun. Love the sentiment too... It's good to have some humor during difficult times. xx

I Card Everyone said...

Gosh I love that sentiment! and every other thing about this sassy card, Stephanie!
=]

sandie said...

super card Stephanie. I do love this little Lady and her cool looking hair! Fun angle to use and what a fab idea to use the speech bubble and sentiment so apt! x

Linby said...

I love that image and your card is just great. Well done on using your NBUS.

Cindy Beach said...

I came from NBUS to tell you your card is perfection! Love that sentiment, it gets me where I am just now. Your take on the inspirations photo is top notch!

Gerrina said...

Such a great image to use for the challenge! And that text is hilarius! Always a feast to see with wath you come up with... Hugs, Gerrina

Vicky Hayes said...

Such a perfect interpretation of the photo inspiration Stephanie. I love the dotty background and the young lady hiding off the edge, and the introverts sentiment made me smile too. Vicky x

ozgur said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Darnell said...

People, indeed! And that seems more the case every day! You've created a really fun design, Stephanie! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Lynne said...

I love this Stephanie, great take on the inspiration pic. I can so identify with the sentiment. This is me most days just lately.