Thursday, January 2, 2020

Love





Happy New Year!!!! What better a way to start a new year and a new decade than with a new challenge at Time Out!! Time Out Challenge #152 is a photo inspiration challenge that is full of LOVE. And how appropriate because what the world (desperately) needs now is love, sweet love...

Our sponsor is Funky Fossils Designs. Challenge winner will receive a £15 gift code (British Sterling) to use at the Funky Fossils Shop.

I went for a pretty literal interpretation here as I so often do with photo inspirations... I foiled one of the hearts from Funky Fossils Four Hearts stencil with Deco Foil Pink Melon foil. It looks black in my photo, but it is a lovely shade of pink IRL. I used Tim Holtz's Bricked layered stencil with Pumice Stone Distress Oxide Ink for the background. My LOVE banner was made with Thin Fish Tail banner dies from Pink and Main, Cole's ABC dies from Lawn Fawn and some baker's twine.

Please head over to the Time Out Challenge Blog and see what our marvelous DT has created to inspire you. Come play with us!

I'm also playing at:


My new Pink and Main Fish Tail Banner Dies

My new Pink and Main Fish Tail Banner Dies

9 comments:

sandie said...

What a great idea to make banners...I will be remembering that one! And adore you picked up on the bricks. Love the foiled heart and I bet IRL it looks even prettier. And yes the world does need love x

I Card Everyone said...

Stephanie you've chosen all the things about that photo that I love - and you're THIS close to a CTS card!! Go make another, why don't ya? xoxo

Lisa Kind said...

What a great take on the inspiration photo! This is just so pretty! I love all the elements you used from the photo to make this beauty!

Anita in France said...

The soft stencilling makes for such a fabulous contrast for the bold foiled heart, Stephanie ... a perfect place to hang that brilliant banner with the touch of red! Happy 2020! Hugs, Anita :)

Gerrina said...

Love that soft brick-bqckground and that you used more black and gray; so inspiring to see the other colours of the photo used! Enjoy the weekend!

Joyce said...

What a stunning card. I love how you have used that heart and created your background to look like bricks. I have never tried foiling, but you heart makes me think I should jump on that train soon.

Arlene said...

Gorgeous card. I really like the design. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for the January challenge of new things.

Sarah G said...

This is just gorgeous! I love that you have got the striped heart, brickwork and banner in there.

Nonni said...

So fun you went with the tiles from the photo! Love the banner too. This is such a cool take on the inspiration photo, very unique yet totally inspired by the photo! xxx