Thursday, July 18, 2024

Beautiful Day

 


I had a delightful adventure last month where I met beloved crafty rock stars, made sushi, ate Cinnamon Churro ice cream and learned to BetterPress among many other wonderful things. I did not make this BetterPressed panel, but I did paint it. I am terrified of watercoloring, and this BetterPress watercoloring session made me feel better. I thought it would be fun to enter this particular floral birthday card at The Flower Challenge. I've got a ways to go, but it reminds me of lots of fun with wonderful people in a far off land (LOL). Can you guess where I was???

Project Details
Stamps/DiesPinkfresh Studio Beautiful Branch Press Plate
Cardstock    110lb. Neenah Solar Crest
80lb. Neenah Solar Crest
SU Regal Rose
 Ink Various Distress Inks
Embellishments
Other Spellbinders Platinum Plus
Scor-Pal Score Board
Fiskars 12" SureCut Deluxe Craft Paper Trimmer
MISTI Stamping Tool
My Sweet Petunia Precision Glue Press

I am also playing at:


5 comments:

Cathy said...

Such a pretty card, I love the soft watercoloured background. Sounds like you had a fun month conquering new things! I have not really investigated Betterpress, might need to remedy that. Thankyou for playing along at Seize the Birthday, Cathy x

I Card Everyone said...

*happy sigh* it seems like yesterday and I'm SO happy to see this beautifully water colored image on a card, Stephanie - you have a standing invitation any time my friend! xx
=]

Marcia Hill said...

No need to be terrified Stephanie...your water coloring is beautiful and the card is absolutely lovely! Water coloring on better pressed images has gotten to be one of my favorite things to do and so happy you gave it a try! Hugs. :0)

Nancy said...

I certainly know where you were! That ice cream stop was a landmine for us too. As for your card, it is lovely and you have done an incredible job. I too am fearful of watercoloring unless I have heat embossed the image first. I am happy to see this beauty in our gallery at Seize the Birthday!

Vicky Hayes said...

Reading the comments I don't need to guess Stephanie! Sounds like you all had a wonderful time (and now I'm thinking a little too much about cinnamon churro ice cream!!) I love this cheerful betterpress image and you have done a great job watercolouring it! Thank you for coming to play at The Flower Challenge! Vicky x