Thursday, February 23, 2023

Happy Red, White and Purple BD






Hello! Seize The Birthday Challenge #256 starts today.  It is all birthday all the time, with an optional twist. This time, the twist is to use red, white an one other color. I'm so pleased and proud to be the Surprise Party Guest for this final challenge of my Party Guest tenure. I have so enjoyed being a part of this celebratory fun for January and February!! Thank you, dear STB Design Team, for having me!!!



So my reds look orange and those reds were intended to more of an ombre effect, but that is hard to see in the photo. I used 3 DO inks in red hues that look orange. My additional color is purple, but looks black in the photograph. Oy! It looks much better in real life, but I am going for it. In any case, I like the way it turned out, just not the photo so much!

Please head over to the Seize The Birthday Challenge Blog and see what the Design Team has created for your inspiration. Come play with us and have fun building up your birthday card stash!

Project Details
Stamps/DiesSSS CZ Design Happy Birthday Word & Shadow die set
Waffle Flower Stitched Flower Panel
Cardstock    110 lb. Neenah Solar Crest
80 lb. Neenah Solar Crest
Bazill 40 lb. Vellum
 Ink Candied Apple, Crackled Campfire and Lumberjack Plaid DO Inks
Embellishments Recollections Rhinestone Stickers
Other Spellbinders Platinum Plus Die Cutting & Embossing Machine
Scor-Pal Score Board
Fiskars 12" SureCut Deluxe Craft Paper Trimmer
Bearly Art Precision Glue
Scor-Pal Score Tape-1/8"
Honey Bee Reverse Tweezers


I'm also playing at:

15 comments:

Melanie Hungerford said...

Awesome card Stephanie, I love the look of inlaid die cutting! I have enjoyed seeing your cards over at Seize the Birthday, and thanks for playing along at Krafty Chicks this time too!

Lisa Elton said...

You've been a fabulous party guest, Stephanie! Your finale card is wonderful. I like that you added purple!

I Card Everyone said...

Obviously, you are the perfect person to invite to ANY party, Stephanie! Everybody can see all those wonderful details and colors if they only click on your photo to 'enbiggen' it! Maaahvelous card, dahling!
=]

Linda said...

Stephanie, thanks for being our guest for the past couple months. We have enjoyed seeing your awesome creations in the gallery.
I see the ombre technique as I look closer. Lovely, card with the addition of purple. Please continue to join us at STB.

Colleen said...

Stephanie, you have been a wonderful and inspirational Party Guest! Thank you for sharing your creativity with us at STB! This is a fabulous card and I love the added purple!

Nancy said...

First and foremost, you have been a delightful guest and it's been a pleasure chatting with you behind the scenes. As for your final card with us, I love how it turned out and that you chose purple as your additional color, so very creative and unexpected. Take care and come back and visit when you get the chance. Hugs!

JoAnn said...

Thanks for being our party guest for the past two months Stephanie. We have enjoyed your creativity and lovely cards. This is a great card with the ombre and the unexpected purple with the red. Very creative.

JulieP said...

I love the unexpected color of purple...at least unexpected in my book. The inlay and ombre are great. We've loved having you! Thanks so much.

Cathy said...

Gorgeous inlaid design Stephanie, love the added purple and thankyou for your wonderful inspiration as our party guest this last couple of months, Cathy x

Barbara said...

Thanks so much for being a great part of our team. We loved having you for these two months. Your card is amazing and so bright and simply reminds me of our trip to morocco. Where we saw many many doors and gates like your card. This would be a good one to send to my daughter-in-law who is living in Dubai and previously in morocco. I’m sure she would appreciate it. Thanks for the many tips and tricks. I especially love how you list your supplies. Have a great day and see you out there in blog land.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love the textured bg and the use of purple! You've been a great GD too :)

Glenda J said...

Great minds think alike - love that you chose purple too! This is such a fabulous card - great ombre on the red and love that die. Thanks so much for being a great Surprise Party Guest!

shirley-bee said...

Another fabulous card, Stephanie! I love the stitch detail on the quatrefoils, and how you ombréd the red. (I also find purple really hard to photograph.) Thanks for being our surprise party guest for the last two months.

Ashwini Rao said...

It does look orange, doesn't it! I don't know why cameras do that!! But the background does look so amazing; I love the ombre and the die cut piece looks awesome. Love the dark gorgeous purple as well. Spectacular card, Stephanie!

Lea Paige Matteo said...

Ik wil iedereen hier die op zoek is naar een lening aanraden om contact op te nemen met de heer Pedro en zijn leningmaatschappij om een lening te krijgen tegen een zeer laag tarief van 2%, ik ben zo dankbaar omdat ik nu een bedrijfseigenaar ben met 5 werknemers die werken in mijn bedrijf.
Neem nu contact op met Pedro via e-mail om toegang te krijgen tot uw lening. peddroloanss@gmail.com.