Thursday, January 26, 2023

HB2U



                             

Hello! Seize The Birthday Challenge #254 starts today.  It is all birthday all the time, with an optional twist. This time, the twist is candles.


I am so happy to be back as Surprise Party Guest for another great challenge!



For this one, I chose to make a mini slimline card featuring the Spellbinders Birthday Candle Background Glimmer Hot Foil Plate and Glimmer Rainbow Confetti Hot Foil. I LOVE the way it came out, but I do not love how difficult it is to photograph this awesome effect and get it right. No matter what I did with the card standing up, I could not get the color to come through. So I took some pictures of the card as I turned it in the light, and you can at least see the colorful foiled effect in the closeup photos. It really looks fabulous IRL.

Please head over to the Seize The Birthday Challenge Blog and see what the Design Team has created for your inspiration. Come play with us and have fun building up your birthday card stash!

Project Details
Stamps/DiesCZ Design Simple Sentiments 2
Pink & Main Sentiment Strip Dies
Pinkfresh Studio Essentials-Mini Slimline Essentials Bundle Die Set Cardstock 110lb. Neenah Solar Crest
Neenah Desert Storm 80 lb. Cover Ink VersaMark
Embellishments
Other
Spellbinders Glimmer Hot Foil System
Spellbinders Birthday Candle Background Glimmer Hot Foil Plate
Spellbinders Glimmer Hot Foil Roll-Rainbow Confetti
Fiskars 12" SureCut Deluxe Craft Paper Trimmer
Scor-Pal Measuring & Scoring Board 12"X12
Scor-Pal Score tape 1"
Spellbinders Platinum Plus Die Cutting & Embossing Machine
MISTI Stamping Tool
Bearly Art Precision Glue
White Sticky Foam Sheets


17 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

There isn't a card big enough for the number of necessary candles for a certain someone - not saying it's me but it could be.
Darling card, Stephanie!
=]

JoAnn said...

Love your card with all the shiny candles Stephanie, very pretty. Glad to have you as our Party Guest.

Lisa Elton said...

I like all of the shimmer and shine! This is cute!

Barbara said...

You are so right about this being difficult to photograph, but you did well by taking several pictures to show off this beauty. Using the rainbow confetti foil. Sparkly birthday card.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun card! I liked it in the b&w first photo too - SURPRISE with the shiny foiling in the next photos! :) Foiling is so hard to photograpgh

Colleen said...

Stephanie, this is so delightful, I love that you hot glimmered those candles and then the confetti too. I makes a stunning birthday card and I am so glad you are our Special Guest for the next couple of months!

Ashwini Rao said...

Foil is always difficult to photograph. But, ooohhh, does it look simply spectacular!! Love the look of that gorgeous rainbow shine!! Awesome card, Stephanie!

Nancy said...

You certainly captured the shine in your additional photos! Awesome slimline, Stephanie!

Cardsbymaaike said...

supercard, love the shine, Thank you for paying at the AAA Birthday Cards Challenges

Linda said...

So glad you were able to capture some of the glitter in the additional picture, Stephanie. I bet it is gorgeous in person. Lovely card and thanks for being our surprise Guest this month at STB.

Катерина Pioniya said...

Great CaS! Super card!
Thank you for joining us at AAA Birthday Card Challenge - Pioniya, DT

Julia Aston said...

I'm glad you tilted your slim line card so we could see all of that holographic wonderfullness in your candles Stephanie! Julia xx

Cathy said...

Love all of that gorgeous shimmery colour! Gorgeous foiled card, thankyou for being our guest at STB again, Cathy x

papiershades said...

Its difficult to capture the shine on the cards !! But I must say this card is just amazing. Lovely usage of foil :) Thank you for playing at the AAA Birthday Card Challenges - Deekshita (Papiershades)

shirley-bee said...

Love all those rainbow candles, Stephanie! You seem to have more luck than me with the glimmer foiling - very hit and miss for me, but I’ll get there, I hope! And yes, foil is soooo difficult to photograph!

Glenda J said...

This is so terrific! That foil plate and colours are ideal for this challenge. So glad you could join us at STB!

HilaryJane said...

Love the colours and shine from those candles xx