Thursday, January 12, 2023

So Glad You Were Born

 



I am super excited to be here today and also for the next three challenges as the Surprise Party Guest at Seize the Birthday! I am so pleased and honored to have been invited!!! Today's Challenge #253 is Anything Goes Birthday as usual with the optional topping of "Winged Things". You can choose to incorporate the topping or not, your card just has to have a birthday theme. I chose to use the topping for my card.


I so love the Hero Arts Dragonfly Fancy Die. I love the size of it and the detail in it, so I made it the  winged star of my creation. I created a panel of strips in shades of purple, including a couple cut from purple glitter card stock. I added a white heat embossed sentiment strip and my card was complete.

Please head on over to the Seize The Birthday Challenge Blog and see what the Design Team and Surprise Party Guest Elizabeth Stewart of Paper Sweetness (Overall winner to Challenge #252) have created for your inspiration. Come play with us and build up the birthday card stash!

I'm also playing at:

Project Details
Stamps/DiesHero Arts Dragonfly Fancy Die
SSS CZ Design Simple Sentiments 02
Cardstock    110lb. Neenah Solar Crest
Various strips of solid purple card stock
 Ink VersaMark
Embellishments
Other Fiskars 12" SureCut Deluxe Paper Trimmer
ScorPal Score Board
Spellbinders Platinum Die Cutting and 
Embossing Machine
MISTI Stamping Tool
Bearly Art Precision Glue
3M foam tape
Altenew Double Sided Adhesive Sheets
Brutus Monroe Alabaster White EP
WOW Dual Speed Heat Tool

19 comments:

JoAnn said...

I don't blame you for loving that Hero Arts Dragonfly Fancy Die - it is fancy and very pretty. You did a great got layering the strips of purple papers. The dragonfly looks great perched on them. So glad you have you as our party guest at STB.

Lisa Elton said...

You've made me rethink using purple, Stephanie! Wonderful card!

Nancy said...

Stephanie, This is such a beautiful card, and the colors you have chosen blend so well together! The team and I are lucky to have you with us for the next two months. Take care!

Linda said...

Stephanie, thanks and congrats on being our Surprise guest at STB. Your card is beautiful, with your white dragonfly on the strips of purple cardstock, one of my favorite colors.

I Card Everyone said...

Congratulations, Stephanie! You've brought one of my favorite winged things to the party and in such a beautiful way! I so glad you were born!
=]

Vicki said...

Beautiful and such a unique design. Love the colors. Thanks for sharing at the Double D, January Birthday Challenge.

JulieP said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Stephanie!!! Love the strips and so clever to add in the sparkles. We're excited to have you join us!!!

ElizStewart said...

Stephanie... love seeing you here and am thrilled you will be around making bday cards for a couple months. Love the creation of the striped background and the simple white dragonfly...just beautiful.

Vicki Dutcher said...

LOVE those bg strips - what a terrific card! Welcome to Guesting, and joining in at AAA Birthday

Cathy said...

Love the unique background for this gorgeous dragonfly, I do love purple too! Looking forward to seeing more of your inspiration over the next couple of months, welcome aboard, Cathy x

Barbara said...

Welcome and thanks for being our Surprise Party Guest for the next two months. Can't wait to see what you will do. I love this card as it looks like a masculine card, of wich I have a hard time making. Thanks for the idea.

Diane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Diane said...

Beautiful and creative!! Congrats on your guest spot too!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Double D}
{Stencil Fun}

sentsue said...

Love how you used the strips of cardstock to ground the dragonfly. Thanks for sharing your work with us on the AAA Birthday Challenge.

shirley-bee said...

Fab winged things card, Stephanie! I like how you added some glitter strips to your background. Great to have you guesting at STB!

Colleen said...

Absolutely striking card, Stephanie! I adore all the stripes and their magnificent colors! And the dragonfly is pretty striking just by itself too! Thanks for being our special party guest for the next couple of months!

Ashwini Rao said...

Loving the striped background. You've even used glitter paper there! How nice! The detail on the dragonfly really looks awesome! Such a fabulous card! Looking forward to more of your awesome cards for the next couple of months!

The Dream Pages said...

Such beautiful card design..
Thank you so much for joining in at Aaa birthday challenge.. Stay safe n stay crafty..
Swapna

Glenda J said...

This is so lovely! I love the striped background and the simple sentiment. So great to have you join us.