Saturday, October 8, 2022

You, Me and the Sea


Less Is More #475 starts today and ends on October 21st. We are challenged to create a Clean & Simple card with a hand drawn frame.



So truth be told, I really do not like this card at all. The fact of the matter is, I don't always score a win with my creations. I am sure that is not uncommon. We all have bloopers, yes? Well most of us, anyway. I can think of some who probably don't ever. This one drove me crazy. Drawing my own frame was a very unattractive task to me. I actually cheated I think, because I ended up tracing the inner and outer circle of a Pinkfresh Studio die. My hand is not steady and my hand drawn frame attempts were just sad. I needed an anniversary card for DH, and this had to be it. Time was running out. We are beach people, hence the ocean theme. As I kept trying to make it wonderful within the parameters of the challenge, I searched more and more for the old mojo. Clearly, I did not find it. In the end DH loved it, or said he did, so mission accomplished.

Please head over to the Less Is More Blog and see what the Design Team has created for your inspiration. I hope you'll play along with us to share your creations. Remember to keep your design Clean And Simple which we define as designs that include large areas of CLEAR AND CLEAN space with NO PATTERN, NO INK and NO TEXTURE See challenge guidelines on the Less Is More Blog.

2 comments:

Vicky Hayes said...

We are definitely our own worst critics! Sometimes I scroll through my blog and think 'No, NO! Okay that one's not too bad...' but I wouldn't post anything if I stuck to the ones I like lol! Anyway, I think this card is lovely Stephanie and perfect for your anniversary with your special beach person. Nobody said you couldn't use tools to help you draw your frame so no cheating at all, and I love the texture of your sea and that beautiful sentiment! Vicky x

Helen said...

Funny how we are often dissatisfied with you work! I feel that way often,but then when you do share others love it - so who's to know. I'm sure your husband loved and appreciated the sentiment and effort and really that's all that counts. There's no problem using something to helpf draw a circle, I know I certainly couldn't do it freehand. Have a good day! :)