Saturday, February 12, 2022

Happy 11th Birthday Less Is More!


The Less Is More Design and Admin team is back with a new year of challenges. As we begin a new year, we celebrate the 11th birthday of our challenge with LIM Challenge #458. Way back when the challenge started, I was making cards with lots of layers and embellishments, and CAS was a new and not-so-easy discipline for me to master. Fast forward, I became a member of the Less Is More Design Team on January 5 2019! I was so excited then, and am excited now that despite some concerns that the challenge was going to end, we are starting up again. Thank you so much to our former and our new leadership. I am so glad we are moving forward.

So quite appropriately for our first challenge of 2022, the theme is "Birthdays".



I have been trying to master the art of hot foiling with a Glimmer Machine, and I am making some progress. I just got this wonderful Birthday Candle Background Glimmer Hot Foil Plate & Die Set  from Spellbinders, and it was the perfect choice for this occasion. I used this fabulous rainbow foil and die cut the candles after foiling. In the picture below my card, you can see the affect of the foil when you turn it in the light. It's hard to photograph head on. I popped up each candle with foam tape and adhered them to white linen card stock, then adhered that panel backed with foam to a white card base. I stamped a sentiment from Simon Says Stamp Simple Sentiments 02, and my card was complete.

Please head over to the Less Is More Blog and see what the Design Team has created for your inspiration. I hope you'll play along with us to share your creations. Remember to keep your design Clean And Simple which we define as designs that include large areas of CLEAR AND CLEAN space with NO PATTERN, NO INK and NO TEXTURE See challenge guidelines on the Less Is More Blog.


I'm also playing at:


CAS on Friday #224 - Male

4 comments:

Chrissie said...

This is fabulous Stephanie and I'm so glad that LIM is continuing, especially with you on board, I remember you first joining in with the LIM challenges many moons ago and I must admit you now make the most stunning CAS cards. This one has me gobsmacked. I haven't seen this foiling effect, I've been withstanding the urge to buy some foiling kit, but I may be caving!
Fabulous card
Chrissie xxx

Helen said...

What a perfect CAS card Stephanie!! I love the impact you achieved with such simple candles!! The use of foiling adds wonderfully to make it striking! Thanks so much for joining us at this Watercooler Wednesday Challenge. Stay safe! :)

I Card Everyone said...

A lovely CAS creation, Stephanie! Happy birthday LIM!
=]

Nancy said...

Such a great job with your foiled CAS card, Steph! Glad to see that LIM is sticking around! I have not jumped on the foiling bandwagon as of yet! Trying to be good! CAS is hard for me, I will do my best to play along when I can. Thanks for linking up at Seize the Birthday!