Saturday, September 4, 2021

Thrilled




Less Is More Challenge #451 begins today. We are challenged to create a CAS SPARKLE themed card.

Our Guest Designer is Less Is More July winner Viv of Daizy Mae Designs. Viv is an incredibly talented card artist, and she has such a way with floral designs and watercolors! Her work is breath taking. Please do yourself the favor of visiting Viv's blog where you are sure to be amazed and inspired.

When I saw the inspiration word, I immediately thought of the sparkle of a diamond, particularly that of an engagement ring. That made my mind go to this wonderful "Polished" die set from Paper Smooches and then this card  happened. I am not so sure about how I feel about my sparkly embossing beneath the hand because the sparkle would not come from under, but I did it anyway taking some artistic license and giving the hand a sparkly place to rest. Here's a close up:


I love the tiny gold band and that awesome sparkly gem. I work with someone who just might be the recipient of this card if things work out as I think they will, so I am ready!

Please head over to the Less Is More Blog and see what the Design Team has created for your inspiration. I hope you'll play along with us to share your creations. Remember to keep your design Clean And Simple which we define as designs that include large areas of CLEAR AND CLEAN space with NO PATTERN, NO INK and NO TEXTURE See challenge guidelines on the Less Is More Blog.


I'm also playing at:



10 comments:

Kathyk said...

A fab interpretation of the "sparkle" theme

Kathyk

Tristan said...

What a clever card for an engagment and I love the sparkly embossing beneath yor hand. Thanks for joining us at the WWC. Tristan DT.

brenda said...

What a super engagement card, thanks so much for joining in with our current theme at Allsorts challenge.

B x

I Card Everyone said...

I love the sparkle, Stephanie! it takes this wonderful design to another level! Totally love this red polish, too!
=]

Dawn T said...

Delightful. A great card. Thanks for sharing with us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.

Lisa Elton said...

Love the glitz and glam of the red polish and the sparkling background! Terrific card, Stephanie!

Vicky Hayes said...

I love this creative idea Stephanie! Vicky x

Mervi said...

Fabulous idea, lovely card!
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

Tracy said...

Thank you for joining Allsorts challenge with your entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Izzy Scrap said...

How come you always have the right stamp, die or stencil to illustrate the challenges' themes ? Once again you rock with your striking card, Stephanie. Love this wonderful hand die cut and the striking ring you've made. And your sparkling background is just ideal to ground it. Just fabulous !