Thursday, June 17, 2021

A Kazillion Thanks


Time Out Challenge 190 begins today, It is a photo challenge with the inspiration being the very cool photo below.


Here's a closeup:


I love those bright stripes and the juxtaposition of the plants in the picture. I feel like I have seen this place in Jamaica or Mexico. I'm imagining beyond this little building is blue Caribbean water. Maybe some cerveza inside??

Our uber-talented and incredibly witty Guest Designer for this challenge is Cornelia Wenokor of Stempel Spas. Cornelia's work is always fabulous and often makes me crack up right out loud. Please treat yourself to a visit to her blog for some awesome inspiration and a few giggles. You will be so glad you did.

The challenge runs from Thursday, June 17th to Wednesday, June 30th. Our wonderful sponsor is Uniko StampsChallenge winner will receive one in-stock stamp set of their choice.

To create my card, I used the Water Color Stripes stencil from A Colorful Life Designs with a variety of inks to mimic the stripes. The flower pot is from Altenew's Be Strong stamps and dies. It was stamped, colored with Copics and die cut, the greenery is from Pinkfresh Studio Curvy Leaves standalone die set. I adhered the pot and leaves to a Spellbinders Hemstitched Circle die, backed it with a circle cut from terracotta colored card stock, popped it up and placed it on the card front. To complete my card, I die cut one of the sentiments from CZ Design Gratitude Reverse Sentiment Strips with Pink and Main Sentiment Strips, and popped it up with foam tape.

Please hop on over to the Time Out Challenge Blog to see the wonderful creations that Cornelia and the Time Out Design Team came up with to inspire you. Come play with us!

I'm also playing at:

4 comments:

Gerrina said...

I like how you turned the stripes and made a focalpoint by putting a white piece on it! Always great to see how different we all take the photodetails... Hugs, Gerrina

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

A perfect take on the inspiration photo! Thanks for having me as your GDT!

sandie said...

Stephanie love this, super take on the photo. The card is so eye catching with those bold stripes and the flower pot is placed in the perfect position-adore this x

Cathy said...

Such a fun colourful card and a fantastic take on the photo, thankyou for playing along at Watercooler Wednesday Cathy x