Saturday, May 29, 2021

100% Happy


Less Is More Challenge #443 begins today. We are challenged to make a Clean and Simple card that features our favorite technique.
It is hard to choose one technique that is my favorite, but I certainly do love to stencil, so that is the technique I chose. To create my card, I used the Shimmering Rays Stencil from A Colorful Life Designs and four Distress Oxide inks in orange hues: Dried Marigold, Carved Pumpkin, Spiced Marmalade and Wild Honey. I then stamped the center with an image from SSS Flip Flop Season, and embossed it with clear EP. I then put the stencil back in place and applied Gina K Glitz Glitter Gel to give the rays sparkle and shine.

 I needed a retirement card for a man friend, and this will work wonderfully. I am certainly 100% happy that he is going out at the top of his game, and I hope he has a long and healthy new chapter ahead of him with the Jersey Shore and Florida sun shining down on him!
 
Please head over to the Less Is More Blog and see what the Design Team has created for your inspiration. I hope you'll play along with us to share your creations. Remember to keep your design Clean And Simple. See challenge guidelines on the Less Is More Blog.

I'm also playing at:


5 comments:

sandie said...

wow and wow I think this is my fav card of your's. It is screaming Happy-all that gold and shimmer who could not smile-sending crafty hugs x

Izzy Scrap said...

Who wouldn't be happy with such a beautiful retirement card and such a shiny sun ! Love the beautiful dimension you succeeded to give on the rays with your amazing blending and this eye-catching glitter gel. The sentiment is just fabulous too ! Have a great day. x

R's Rue said...

Beautiful

Ink Outside The Box With Diane said...

Stunning! Love the Glitz and Glitter, I thought is was some type of shimmer texture paste I need to buy. So glad I can try this technique with the supplies I already have. Like a ray of sunshine, I’m sure retirement will make someone 100% happy. Thank you for sharing your wonderful card with us at Krafty Chicks Challenge.
Diane - DT

Lynne said...

Love, love, love your beautiful sunshiney card Stephanie. That's a fabulous stencil and the colours you've used are wonderful, and the glitter...wow x