Friday, April 30, 2021

We Appreciate You


It's time for a new challenge at Festive Friday where every challenge is an inspiration list based on a selected holiday/festivity from the traditional to the unusual. Challenge projects must include at least three items from the festivity inspiration list.


Since the Inspiration List is a mix of elements related to the festivity, the creator has the choice to make something for that festivity, or to ignore the festivity all together and create something using just the three (or more) elements selected.

Today's festivities are in celebration of International Nurse's Day, which is celebrated on May 12th. The challenge runs from April 30th - May 10th.

I like to create a card for our challenge that goes with the celebration. For my International Nurse's Day-themed card, I printed the images from My Favorite Things Digital version of their Call The Shots set that they made available as a freebie last year during the lockdown. I colored it with Copics and fussy cut it out. I popped it up and adhered it to a panel of linen card stock that I had stenciled with Altenew's Warp Speed stencil and Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide Ink. I added a tiny punched heart to the chart. The sentiment is from Taylored Expressions Life Saver Mini Strips, which I heat embossed and die cut with Pink & Main's Sentiment Strip Dies. I used nurse, red and emboss from the inspo list.

For more inspiration, be sure to visit the rest of the  Festive Friday Challenge Design team.

6 comments:

Ann Schach said...

This card is SO cute, Stephanie! Your coloring is always so perfect. The little heart accent adds just the right pop of color! Have a wonderful weekend!

Beth McCullough said...

WOW, such a cute card! Your coloring is awesome! So glad you’re on our Festive Friday team! :)

Beth McCullough said...

WOW, such a cute card! Your coloring is awesome! So glad you’re on our Festive Friday team! :)

I Card Everyone said...

I loved those images MFT gave to us when they were needed the most, to give to those nurses that gave their most - and still are!
This is wonderful, Stephanie! Good for you!
=]

Sharon Hashimoto Burkert said...

You always seem to have just the right stamp set for every Inspo List and festivity. Your coloring is beautiful. Love the background!

Melanie Hungerford said...

Hi Stephanie, I love that MFT had digis for this set. Your CAS card shows her off beautifully!