Saturday, February 20, 2021

You Are Loved

 


Today, I watched THIS video by Jennifer McGuire, and immediately wanted to try this technique. It uses sanding blocks, and I actually had SU sanding blocks in my stash that have not seen the light of day for at least 10 years! Oh happy day! Here's to hoarding supplies... and I have about a million embossing folders. I am so glad to see EFs having a bit of a renaissance in the craft world these days. Since I still have Valentine stuff all over the place, I chose to try this with my Sizzix 3-D textured Impressions Hearts embossing folder.

I applied and blended 3 shades of Pink Distress Oxide Inks from dark to light onto Neenah Solar white 110# card stock. (next time I will use more contrasting colors). I ran the embossing folder through my die cut machine, then sanded the raised areas with the sanding block. The SSS You Are Loved Word and Shadow Die Set was already foiled and assembled and in my snippet box waiting to be used. I popped it up with foam tape and adhered it to my background. Done!

I just love the way this turned out, and of course, I went shopping afterwards from Jennifer's supply list, as I really loved doing this. Of course, I bought more embossing folders. Oy! It all started with a visit to one of my favorite crafty friends, and her wonderful card made for Let's Squash It, though she did not use this technique. The rest is shopping history. Tee hee hee.

I'm playing at:



10 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Stephanie! I have seen paper sanded so its white core shows, but never thought to blend color on, then sand it off! Look at you, getting your Jen McG on!!! It's fabulous! and I adore this folder! xx
=]

Darlene said...

Oh Stephanie this is just beautiful! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Anything with a Heart’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Claire said...

A lovely card and definitely caught my eye over in the Day of the Month gallery. Great inspiration x

Tina Z. said...

great technique and so beautiful, I love these colours.

Dotty Jo said...

What a stunner of a card, Stephanie! I've GOT to try that technique myself. Thanks for joining the fun at Let's Squash It! Jo x

Angelnorth said...

Fabulous result with the inking/sanding technique - great card!

Joyce said...

This is fabulous, and I love the inked and sanded look. I've got those same sanding blocks somewhere in my stash. I must watch that video and have a go myself. Thanks for the inspiration.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

This is such a cool background! I need to try this out, too (one of those days...) thanks for showing us this technique! And even more thanks for playing along with us at DotMCC!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Aren't JM videos inspiring! Love how your bg turned out

ionabunny said...

Gorgeous card and the sanding really makes the embossed hearts pop. Love the red glitter behind the sentiment as well. Hugz