Sunday, September 15, 2019

Happy Halloween!



I am thrilled to be posting a second card as CAS Mix Up Guest Designer for the Mid-Challenge post of the CAS Mix Up September 2019 Challenge where the theme is inchies. There is still time to play this challenge hosted by Joanna open until September 24th at midnight PDT. All of the details and instructions are on the CAS Mix Up Blog


I love the CAS Mix Up Challenge because it often encourages me to try things I have never tried before. The Design Team is comprised of super talented crafters, and their projects are always incredibly inspiring. I am thrilled to crafting along with them for this challenge.

Creating with inchies is a new for me. I decided to use dry embossing to make my inchies. I cut four 1" squares (wouldn't you know my 1" square Nestabilities die went missing somewhere along the way) and laid them right up against eachother in a row, inside a spiderweb embossing folder. After running it through the Cuttlebug, I inked the debossed side of the squares with Black Soot DO Ink. I mounted them on black cardstock and glued them on to my card base. I added a glittery spider with foam tape for dimension. Funny as I look at said spider, I see that I must have positioned its butt end a little off the glitter paper before I punched! Poor thing. I will replace that before the card goes in the mail. LOL!!! The sentiment is from Picket Fence Studios If The Broom Fits set and stamped with SU Pumpkin Pie ink.

Please head over to the CAS Mix Up blog and check out the awesome creations that the Design Team has made for your inspiration. Remember, this is a Mixed Media CAS Challenge. Challenge Winner will be invited to be a Guest Designer for a future challenge.

I'm also playing at:

Halloween


13 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Love love LOVE your fun Halloweenie card, Stephanie! I want to make a similar one, so I've pinned it. Congrats on your GDT gig! hugs, de

Bonnie said...

I LOVE this Halloween card, Stephanie! I hope to CASE this! Love that sparkly spider and didn't even notice his backside until I read your description. The spider web inchies are just perfect and so much fun! Thanks so much for joining our team this month. Your designs have been truly inspiring!

nancy littrell said...

How clever of you Stephanie to use dry embossing for your inchies and then sponging ink on the debossed side of your spider web inchies. I did not notice that your poor spider was missing part of its anatomy:-) You are right...an easy fix! TFS and I have sure enjoyed your cards as CAS Mix Up's Guest Designer:-) Hugs..Nancy

Julia Aston said...

what a great design with the spider web over the 4 inchies! A wonderful glittery black spider!

Papercraft Boutique said...

What an awesome CAS Halloween card, Stephanie!
I love your fresh idea, using the inchies with dry embossing. The lightly sponged spider web looks so cool!
The glittery spider has a "scary" effect.
Thank you so much for joining us as Guest Designer this month!
Hideko xx

Loll said...

This is such a fun (and spooky!) design Stephanie. The spider web embossing folder made wonderful inchies that are perfect with your glittery spider. Thanks so much for being our Guest Designer this month!

Jo said...

Unique, this was a brilliant approach ...even for the spider LOL. This card is special. Thank you so much for being an awesome guest at CAS Mix Up! Truly a pleasure. xx

Susan Joyce said...

Awesome design Stephanie, love how the spider web covers the four inchies and the glittery spider. Thanks for being our Guest this month at CAS Mix Up!

Barb Ghig said...

Awesome Halloween card, Stephanie! Your spider web is so cool and I love how you added dimension with the spider! Congrats again on your well-deserved GD spot at CAS Mix Up...way to go, my friend!

Karen Brown said...

Darling Halloween card! I love the web "tiles". :-) Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday.

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Such an awesome Halloween card! Love the color and CAS look. Thank you for sharing with us at ATSM!

Darlene said...

OH WOW! This is awesome! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Brenda in IN said...

This is a fantastic Halloween card. I love it and would love to make one for my grandson. He would love it too.