Sunday, September 11, 2016

Hope Endures

The current Time Out Challenge is "Inspired By Words". I really love this type of challenge as it leaves so much to the imagination. Here is the quote:
“Love the trees until their leaves fall off, then encourage them to try again next year.” 
You can be inspired of the whole sentiment or just choose one or two words as a starting point for your project.

Here is my take:


I love Autumn. I love the change in weather. Where I live, there are four very distinct seasons. I love the change in foods, clothes, decor... When the leaves die off so much in nature goes to sleep, there is always the promise of spring and rebirth. So there's hope, and that was my thought process in pondering the quote and putting this card together.

Everything on this card is new except the Kraft card base. I used Brushos to make a water color background from which I cut the solid wreath. I sprayed it with Ranger Buttercup Mica Spray to give it a golden sheen. It's gorgeous IRL. All stamps, dies and the sentiment are from Winnie and Walter. The white panel is Tim Holtz Distress Woodgrain Cardstock. It is luscious.

I am also linking this CAS card up to the Stamp Ink Paper Challenge where the current challenge is Clean & Simple.

Thanks so much for stopping in for a visit! Have a wonderful day!!

7 comments:

sandie said...

So much to like about this! Adore the brusho leaves and the mix of this colour with the open red plus the gold, the whole card is like the changing Autumn. I also love how each season changes here. Thanks for joining TO

stampwithsandy said...

Stephanie your wreath is gorgeous! So much wonderful texture and shine. So glad you played along with us this week at Stamp Ink Paper!

Joyce said...

Gorgeous wreath. I love how you got so many hall colors into the paper you cut for your wreath. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

Gerrina said...

Such beautiful colours in your wreath! Great combining and whow what a work! Thank you for taking some TIME OUT and join us!

Kara Lynne said...

Gorgeous fall leaves in your wreath, Stephanie! The red behind the leaves is wonderful and so is the woodgrain background. The golden "hope" is so perfect for the challenge!

Carol L said...

Your wreath is so creative with 2 layers and many colors - so typical of autumn and it's beauty! The gold is a fabulous accent for this card! NJ

cm said...

STEPHANIE!! I'm here, with a catch-up on your gallery of wonderful! Back to work and it feels like I've fallen off the planet! Your wreath is beautiful in conveying the marvels of the four seasons! We're definitely enveloped in Autumn...the leaves have turned, the temperatures have cooled and the fall clothes have been worn since the first days of September...
Hugs~c