Thursday, August 15, 2024

Hello Honey


It's Mood Board Week at Just Us Girls. Lisa is our host, and she has chosen a bee-u-ti-ful mood board for our inspiration. So many wonderful images and colors for us to choose from. Bonnie Klass continues with us as our August Guest Designer.  


For my card, I was inspired by the general feel of bees, flowers, honey and the beautiful late summer colors.

I loved this recent sketch from Freshly Made Sketches,
and although I missed posting a card there in time, I used it as inspiration for the layout of my card here. It's fabulous for using patterned papers. As soon as I saw this mood board, my thoughts went to Essentials By Ellen One In A Buzz-illion stamp & die set. The Graphic 45 papers came as a gift in a shipment from Unity Stamp Company (I believe), and were so perfect for this project.

Please head over to the Just Us Girls Challenge Blog and check out the wonderful creations by Bonnie and the rest of the Design Team. Get crafty with your stash and join us in the gallery! I can't wait to see how our players are inspired. 

Project Details
Stamps/DiesEssentials By Ellen One In A Buzz-illion
Cardstock    110lb. Neenah Solar Crest
80lb. Neenah Solar Crest
SU More Mustard
Graphic 45
 Ink Memento Tuxedo Black
Copic markers
Embellishments Twine from The Twinery
Other Spellbinders Platinum Plus
Scor-Pal Score Board
Fiskars 12" SureCut Deluxe Craft Paper Trimmer
MISTI Stamping Tool
My Sweet Petunia Precision Glue Press
Scor-Pal Score Tape-1/4"
Scrapbook.com foam squares

I'm also playing at:



One In A Buzz-ilion Stamps & Dies

9 comments:

cm said...

Your patterned papers are a pretty stage for your stars of the show bee and honey jar. Wonderful take on the mood board...
hugs~c

Bobby said...

Great mix of patterned papers to show off that darling little bee and his jar of honey, Stephanie.

Lisa Elton said...

I love that you had a little honey jar to use! Wonderful papers and a delightful finished product, Stephanie!

I Card Everyone said...

Stephanie, those papers are just gorgeous! What a bee-U-ti-ful backdrop for those buzzy bees! Such a cute set that slipped by me!
=]

Marcia Hill said...

I love the layout you used for your dsp Stephanie, and that busy little bee is ADORABLE! Sweet, sweet card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Bonnie said...

You had the perfect papers, Stephanie! I love the bee and the honey jar with the perfect sentiment!

Carol said...

CUTE card Stephanie! Great patterned papers, stamped elements (we used the same stamp set) and layout!! This is such a great take on the moodboard!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome paper blocking and such a fun little bee! :)

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Great mix of patterns on this layout. That little bee is just as cute as can bee paired with the honey pot.