Friday, January 8, 2021

Treat Yo' Self

 


It's time for a new challenge at 
Festive Friday where every challenge is an inspiration list based on a selected holiday/festivity from the traditional to the unusual. Challenge projects must include at least three items from the festivity inspiration list.

Since the Inspiration List is a mix of elements related to the festivity, the creator has the choice to make something for that festivity, or to ignore the festivity all together and create something using just the three (or more) elements selected.

Today's festivities are in celebration of Eat Ice Cream For Breakfast Day, which is celebrated on February 1st. The challenge runs from January 8-18. 

For my ice cream-themed project, I used: ice cream, pink and brown from the inspo list. The colors I chose to blend for my background remind me of rainbow sherbet. I added white dots to create a bokeh effect. I wanted the ice cream cone to be the star of the card, so I highlighted it by placing it on a white circle die cut with Spellbinders hemstitch circle die and placing it in the hand from Handful by Julie Ebersole from Essentials By Ellen. The sentiment is from that same stamp set. I die cut the bokeh panel with Lawn Fawn scalloped rectangles and mounted it on a Neenah Solar White 110# white card base.

For more inspiration, be sure to visit the rest of the Festive Friday Challenge Design team.

I'm also playing at:

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge
Use a New/Unused Product 

6 comments:

Melanie Hungerford said...

Yes, your background makes me think of sherbet too! I really like how you gave it a bokeh effect. Love the sentiment too.

Ann Schach said...

Oh, wow, Stephanie! Your bokeh background is awesome! I LOVE the image. Such a clean and cute card!

Karen Brown said...

What a yummy card! Lovely Bokeh background. Have a great week and thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wedesday. Karen

I Card Everyone said...

So. You're tellin' me it's only allowed ONE day a year? lol
Your card is delectable, Stephanie! xx
=]

Beth McCullough said...

This card looks so very delicious Stephanie! I love the way you did the background! Awesome!

Sharon Hashimoto Burkert said...

Love the bokeh background! It is very dreamy. Cute image beautifully colored!