Saturday, March 28, 2020

There's Life After Chaos



It's time for a new challenge at Addicted to CAS. Our Code Word for ATCAS Challenge #181 is TEXTURE. Angie is our hostess!

For my card, I used an alcohol ink panel from my stash that I just LOVE. It reminded me of the ocean. I just received an order form Picket Fence Studios, and decided to use images from 2 of the sets I received: Swim In The Sea, and Things On The Sea Floor. I stamped the turtle on my AI panel, then masked it and stamped the seaweed, etc. What I learned is that when you use juicy ink on Yupo paper, it does not dry quickly. I should have realized that since I know it is "plastic". Because of that, the masking paper lifted some of the black ink (versaFine Onyx Black). It looked so gorgeous to me though, that I left it as is even though I would rather have had crisper images. Maybe I could have cleaned them from the Yupo panel and started over, but I was afraid to mess up that gorgeous panel. I made a note to self for next time. I love the look of this. I thought the sentiment was so perfect for these times. Looking forward to life after chaos, but my family is all being totally compliant in the meantime. I hope you are too. It's a matter of life and death. 

Please head on over to the ATCAS Challenge Blog, take a look at the wonderful inspiration pieces the Design Team has created for your inspiration, and make something to share in the gallery. Challenge winner will be offered a Guest Designer spot for a future challenge. Happy crafting!

Please remember that this is a CAS challenge. Here is a definition to remind you:

3 comments:

Cathy said...

Gorgeous card, love the AI background, it's perfect with the turtle! Cathy x

I Card Everyone said...

Stephanie, it really reconfirms that he is underwater, I think! So glad you didn't try to fix it - I love that sea turtle just the way he is! Such a gorgeous Yupo panel... I think you need to make more! Your sentiment is so turtle-y perfect. xx
=]

Barb Ghig said...

Your alcohol inked background is gorgeous, Stephanie! I love all the texture in the pattern and how you added more with the sea turtle and seaweed...WOW!
Stay safe and healthy, my friend...somehow we will get through :)