Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Magical Birthday



Woo Hoo! I am posting as Guest Designer for CASology today where the cue card is: COLOR. What an honor it is to be designing with this rock star DT!!! I'm so pleased and grateful for this opportunity.


I wanted to come up with something way out of the box for my creation, but the cue kept my mind going back to magical, wonderful, hopeful rainbows. In the end I chose a pinwheel image from Altenew's Be Strong Stamp Set to create my card. I stamped the image with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink 7 times (R-O-Y-G-B-I-V) colored them with Copics, covered them with clear Wink Of Stella, and cut them out with the matching die. Only six pinwheels fit across my card, so blue/indigo are combined :) . I was tempted to put a jewel in the center of each pinwheel but in the interest of keeping my design CAS, I resisted the urge. I wanted to add a little interest to the card base, so split it using Paper Smooches Borders 1 die and a piece of polka dot vellum from PTI. I adhered the pinwheels over the opening and added a sentiment is from MFT's Rainbow Of Happiness.

Please head on over to the CASology Challenge Blog and see what the incredibly talented Design Team of Rock Stars has created for your inspiration. I hope you are inspired to get colorful and play.

I'm also playing at:



12 comments:

Jacquie Southas said...

This card is magical, Stephanie! I love the way you split the panel. It is great having you guest design with us this week!

karen h said...

Awesome card! Love the rainbow of pinwheels and that they follow the curve. Thanks for being our guest designer at CASology this week!

Joyce said...

What a wonderful and fabulous card. I love your rainbow of pinwheels (yay for wind power!) and your divided card base just kicks everything up a notch. Thanks so much for being our Guest Designer this week at CASology.

Cardsbymaaike said...

What a pretty rainbow of pinwheels, magical indeed. Thank you for playing at AAA Cards

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

Lovely to have you as GD Stephanie. I love rainbows too, and love your take on our cue word. Such fun.

Cathy said...

I love pinwheels, and I love this card, such a clever design! Thankyou for playing along at Seize the Birthday, Cathy x

Jane said...

Such a beautifully crisp and clean card Stephanie, love it! Thanks so much for playing at AAA Birthday and AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. And good luck with the DT Call.

creationsnz said...

Such a fun, happy card, well, it made me feel happy anyway! CarolG

Barb Ghig said...

Congrats on your well-deserved Guest Designer spot, Stephanie! I LOVE your rainbow theme for the windmills and your curvy CAS design is fabulous! Awesome sentiment, too! Hugs, Barb xx

https://bharatinayudu.com/ said...

Hi Stephanie! Love your rainbow of pinwheels. Such a perfect take on the cue word. The way you have positioned them holding the two panels together is a brilliant design. Thanks a lot for being our Guest Designer this week at CASology.

mugdha gujarathi said...

Such a magical and colorful card Stephanie and yet so CAS..Love it.Thank you for playing along with us at AAA Birthday.We hope to see you joining in with future challenges too.

KandA said...

Wonderful card, such a great design and colours xx