Tuesday, April 26, 2011

CAS Mother's Day


This week's Less is More challenge is to create cards with cards with little or no symmetry but perfect balance.  PTI's Make it Monday challenge is to create something with a hand drawn frame.  This card is the result of the combination of the two.

I have to laugh at myself.  I watched Nicole Heady's wonderful technique video in which she demonstrates how to make a hand drawn frame.  Well, the video is great and the technique looks easy.  This card is the result of my FIFTH attempt.  I just could not get the corners right.  In the end, I cheated a little and put half pearls in the corners because I was not satisfied with my corners on any of my attempts.  Nichole's is perfect and gorgeous - mine - not so much.  I do love the way the card turned out though.  I really like the addition of the DMC thread on the buttons.  It gives the buttons a "sunflower" feel.

Recipe:
Stamps-PTI Blooming Button Bits.
Paper~Kraft, Gina K Pure Luxury Pure White 120 lb.
Ink~VersaFine Onyx Black, Old Olive, Cajun Craze.
Accessories~PTI Vintage buttons, Kaiser self adhesive half pearls, DMC floss-black, glue dots, CM fine tip black pen.


Thank you so much for stopping in.  I appreciate your comments so much.  Have a great day!

35 comments:

Liz McGuire, said...

Wow, this is gorgeous, love it!

Liz x

Suze Bain said...

What a great card, the stamped image and the buttons are fab. x

Jenny said...

This is just wonderful. Love the image and the buttons as flowers. the frame just pulls it all together.
Jenny x

Ally said...

Beautiful! This is such a pretty card - I love how you pulled it all together. Just lovely. ;-)

Sally H said...

A fabulous card! Love the colours and your button flowers!

Mandi said...

I think this is great Stephanie
Like the gems too, they are subtle and serve a purpose!
Thanks so much
mandi
Diva LIM
Less is More

Carla said...

wonderful, love the buttons

Lynne said...

Super card, love your button treatment.
Lyne xxx

Kara said...

great card!!

Rosemary said...

GORGEOUS!!!

Sarah said...

Fabulous idea and lovely crisp image! Great card.
Thanks for sharing your work.

Sarah at 182

Unknown said...

What a beautiful card.

Cathy Weber said...

Just wanted you to know how much I like this card. It worked so well with this weeks MIM technique. I don't see that image too often and it is such a pretty one. Great job on this.

Susan said...

Love the addition of the buttons as flowers...CAS perfection!

Dolly Daydreams said...

Beautiful card and love the use of the buttons so pretty.

Marie

Ruth said...

Beautiful... the buttons are a great addition

Kathleen said...

This is a great entry, what a good idea with the buttons. lovely card.

Kath x

wendy said...

fabulous

Sara said...

Your card came together beautifully!

Deborah Frings said...

Super pot of button flowers! I think you've really nailed this challenge, and your frame is fab - like the gems too!

Aileen said...

Love the card. Images is great with the buttons. x

Teresa said...

I had trouble with the lines too. I think it just takes practice. Do like the dots in the corners though, very cute.

Chris said...

Beautiful card love the use of buttons as flowers...Chris xx

June Houck said...

Wonderful! Your corners look perfect & gorgeous to me :)

I love those button flowers!!!!!!!!!

Chrissie said...

This is simply fabulous... I love your hand drawn frame... it's something I aspire to!
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

kingstonmama said...

This is a really pretty card. Your button flowers are great. I combined the two challenges this week, too. I love line frames with off-center images. Perfect! Your pearls look great, too.

Sasha said...

Wonderful card! Such great stamping and colours. I love those button flowers, too.

Tracey said...

Smashing card. I love your button flowers. Tracey x

Kerry said...

Wow, so pretty x

~ Ali Robertson ~ said...

Very pretty, love it

Ali x

Tracey McNeely said...

Really nice Mother's Day Card. Love the colours.

debby4000 said...

Oh this is fabulous.
luv
Debby

Toulouse said...

Loving the buttons on the flowers!
great card

Stampin in the suburbs said...

Love this card. I agree, the floss in the buttons is a wonderful touch. I also had to laugh that Nicole makes it look sooooo easy, but I'm with you. It took several attempts to get satisfactory results. But the effort was worth it. I love the pearls in the corners. I would have never known they were to correct a boo-boo. They are a nice touch. Enjoy the day.

Shirley said...

You are a natural when it comes to buttons and color too! This is just beautifully bright, cheerful, and pretty too1