Saturday, November 8, 2008

Inspiration Cupcake

Today's OCC Challenge is an inspiration challenge using a pretty cupcake from the Martha Stewart website. It has a Christmas-y feel color wise, but of course it can be used it for anything. I have a dear friend with a December birthday, so this will be perfect for her.

The base of the card is Very Vanilla. I just got this new "Snow Dots" Cuttlebug embossing folder that I love. It looks like a comfy winter quilt to me. I used it to emboss on Real Red and I inked a brayer with Close to Cocoa ink and rolled it over the embossing to bring out the design. I used my Nestabilities for the circles and rectangles. The cupcake image is from SU's "Crazy for Cupcakes" paper pieced with (retired) "Dashing" DSP. I added sparkles to the icing with Stardust Stickles. The sentiment is from Verve's Birthday Surprise framed with a piece of antique brass Hodgepodge Hardware and striped grosgrain ribbon from SU's most recent Holiday Mini Catalog. I had some beautiful Laura Ashley buttons that have been in my stash forever which I thought would be the perfect final touch for my cupcake!

2 comments:

Amy Sheffer said...

Beautitul, top to bottom! Love the sparkle and the button. Great layout, too! Thanks for playing!

Fonda @Southern Scraps said...

Cute, cute, cute!