Thursday, October 16, 2008

Journey Journal



I found these wonderful spiral notebooks in the clearance section of Staples. They are covered in plain brown paper with fabric binding on the left. The first page on the inside has calendar months from 2007, 2008 and 2009. I had better use them up soon! LOL! They were marked $1.99, but when I got to the register, they rang as $ .50. Needless to say, I bought every one in the bin!
I was inspired by THIS beautiful card on Beate's Blog and CASE'd it for this project.
I covered the front of the journal with Eastern Blooms DSP and sanded the edges. I covered the inside front cover with one piece of Eastern Blooms DSP to pretty it up. Night of Navy 1/4" grosgrain ribbon is adhered with sticky strip to divide the sections on the top.
The main image from Eastern Blooms is stamped with Chocolate Chip ink on a piece of white speckled card stock. The Riding Hood Red flowers are punched with a tiny punch from Creative Memories. I placed blue brads in the center of the flowers. The 2nd layer is Old Olive. The 3rd layer on the top and bottom is Night of Navy punched with the Scalloped Edge Punch.
The ovals are cut with Nestabilities. The white oval is stamped and sponged around the edges in Night of Navy with "journey" from Define Your Life. I cut 2 of the same sized from Riding Hood Red and Night of Navy cardstock and placed the white oval slightly right of center on the red oval. I used a Night of navy marker to add dots around the edges of the red oval. The blue oval is placed to the left of the red one. I attached a Hodgepodge Hardware piece to make it look like it's holding it all together.
I attached some Sticky Strip on the front where the Riding Hood Red Striped Grosgrain Ribbon is placed and tied a knot. Voila! A journal for a new journey.

2 comments:

Beate said...

Welcome to the blogging world!!! Your altered Journal looks wonderful!
Hugs and smiles

Unknown said...


이용이유가생기는곳 먹튀검증 안전노리터 go