Thursday, February 15, 2024

Take Me To The Ocean

 


                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

A new challenge begins today at Just Us Girls. Ina is our lovely host, and we have a fabulous moodboard for your inspiration. The deadline to be considered for the "Winner of the Week" is Tuesday, 9:00 PM EST on 21st February.

This one is so up my alley. I have had this Seashell Card Die set from Honey Bee for an embarrassingly long period of time without it being opened., This was the perfect opportunity to make it shine! All of the colors of the moodboard, and particularly the photo on the top right sang to me. Another thing that has been unused from my stash is Hero Arts Contour Ink. It is an extremely light ink for no-line coloring, which terrifies me. I have never opened it. When contemplating the backdrop for my beautiful shell, I tried many things, but settled on a shell filled cling background stamp, stamped with the contour ink. It was the perfect setting for my beautiful shell.

This month we are joined by Denise Morgans of The Crafty Den as Guest Designer. Please head on over to the Just Us Girls Challenge Blog to see what Denise and the rest of the Design Team have made to spark your creativity. Come play with us!

Project Details
Stamps/DiesSimon Says Stamp Tumbling Shells Cling Background Stamp
Chocolate Baroque Seaside Dreams Stamp Set
Honey Bee Seashell Card Dies
Avery Elle Wonky Stitches Dies
Cardstock    110 lb. & 80 lb. Neenah Solar Crest
SU Orchid Opulence
 Ink VersaFine Onyx Black
Versamark
Hero Arts Contour Ink
Various Distress Oxide Inks
Embellishments
Other Ranger Queen's Gold Royal Satin Embossing Powder
Spellbinders Platinum Plus Die Cutting & Embossing Machine
Scor-Pal Score Board
Fiskars 12" SureCut Deluxe Craft Paper Trimmer
MISTI Stamping Tool
My Sweet Petunia Precision Glue Press
Adhesive backed Fun Foam
Various Stencil Brushes
WOW Dual Speed Heat Tool

5 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome inspired card. I love that shell blended coloring and the gold brings it to life.

Carol said...

Okay, your turn to influence me to get that background stamp and the main shell stamp!!! Your colors are fantastic too! Love this card and it is in my favorite colors!!!

Nancy said...

Gorgeous card, Stephanie! That shell is incredible!

Ina G said...

What a stunner of a sea shell here Stephanie. Beautifully blended and great background.

Grenouille Greetings said...

A delightful stencilled background with this bold lettered sentiment! I was inspired by the colour palette and had hoped to enter the challenge at Just us Girls but I was too late. I'm glad you liked my octopus card any way and thank you, Stephanie, for the book introduction! I shall look out for it. I loved "My Octopus Teacher" the movie! Hugs, Lesley