Thursday, February 1, 2024

All You Need Is Love



Time for a new challenge at Just Us Girls. It's Color Week this week, and Sue is our host. 

I am knee deep into Valentines right now, so I decided to go that route with my card. I arranged strips of varying sizes in reds, pinks and grays on a piece of white cardstock, trimmed it down, then die cut it with a scalloped edge die. I cut a heart in the center, created a shaker, and finished it off with a sentiment that is perfect for my Beatle-lovin' Valentine...

It's a new month, and we have a new Guest Designer, Denise Morgans. Please head on over to the Just Us Girls Challenge Blog to see what Denise and the rest of the Design Team have made to spark your creativity. Come play with us!

Project Details
Stamps/DiesSimon Says Stamp LOVE Shadow Wafer Die
Spellbinders Nestabilities - Classic Hearts
My Favorite Things Blueprints 27 Die-Namics
Waffle Flower Slimline Strips Die
Cardstock    110 lb. & 80 lb. Neenah Solar Crest
Various SU colored cardstock
Echo Park Love Notes 6x6 Paper Pad
 Ink Versamark
Embellishments Sequins (unknown origin)
Other Waffle Fower 1/16" 
Spellbinders Platinum Plus Die Cutting & Embossing Machine
Scor-Pal Score Board
Fiskars 12" SureCut Deluxe Craft Paper Trimmer
MISTI Stamping Tool
Bearly Art Precision Glue
3M foam tape

I'm also playing at:



12 comments:

cm said...

Look at all those strips of pretty patterned paper; perfect background for your shaker heart and love die cut! Talk about beautiful card! I hear you about being in Valentine card mode; I'm the same! I've set a challenge for myself; fingers crossed I can achieve it...
hugs~c

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fabulous! All the stripes [my fav] and use of mixed patterns, just awesome

Carol said...

This is so cheerful and striking Stephanie! LOVE the shaker element and the sentiment...a Beatles classic!

I Card Everyone said...

da da dah, da dah! Love is all you need - and a stack of pretty pink, red, and gray papers!
Such a pretty Valentine!
=]

Jeanie Stark said...

What a great card design to use scraps! Love that you took it a step further and created a shaker card. I'm in awe of your creativity! THanks for playing along with the Tic Tac Toe Challenge!

Lynda said...

What a great way to use your stirps of paper - love all the colours you have used. The shaker element really does add a fun component. Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

Ina G said...

Such beautiful paper and what a stunning result with the shaker heart. A stunner Stephanie.

ElizStewart said...

Stephanie... why don't I ever think of stripes... so effective and easy... and I could minimize the scrap pile. Great card.

JulieP said...

What a wonderful way to utilize these gorgeous Valentine papers!!! This is just over the top fun. Thanks so much for joining us at the Color Hues challenge!

Nancy said...

Love your mix of papers which resulted in a very pretty shaker. Love is definitely all we need! Thanks for linking up with us at Color Hues. Take care!

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful Valentine! Love the mix of pattern papers with the shaker element. Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Color Hues Challenge!

Dawn Phillips said...

Wow, this is just so beautifully created. Thanks for joining us at Card4galz. Love Dawn x