Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Swinger de Monkey Valentine


We are getting lots of snow here in New Jersey today. School is closed, which means I don't have to go to work. It also means PJ's all day and lots of crafting! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this new Verve stamp set called "Love Monkey". My son, Greg, has a Beanie Buddy (stuffed animal) that my sister gave him when he was about 4 months old. He's a turquios and yellow monkey named Swinger. He is Greg's lovey, and even though Greg is 10 now, Greg is still quite attached to this little guy. When I saw this Verve set, I knew I had to have it, and I knew that it would be the focal point of Greg's Valentine card from me. I used this week's Mojo Monday sketch for the layout, but did it shorter and wider because I wanted the card to be oriented this way. I will use it for MOJO125 and also for this week's challenge from Our Creative Corner which is to create a card/project for the men in our lives.
The base of the card is a pre-cut, Crimson, A2 card from Memory Box. The DP is from BasicGrey's Nook & Pantry. Other papers are Chocolate Chip, Crushed Curry and Neenah Solar White. I stamped the monkey image with Bermuda Bay ink, and colored it with Copics. After I cut the monkey out, I covered it with VersaMark ink and embossed it with clear embossing powder to brighten him. He is adhered to a white circle with Dimensionals. I embellished with a "buckle" from retired SU Hodgepodge Hardware and Bermuda Bay polka dot grosgrain ribbon. My little Valentine will love this!

2 comments:

June Houck said...

A perfect card for your ds! Love the story of his monkey beanie baby and love your card :)

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Very cute card and perfect for a guy. Love the colors and papers too. Great job on the challenge. So happy you could join in the fun at Our Creative Corner this week.