Saturday, February 13, 2010

Jon's Valentine

This is my take on this week's Crazy 4 Challenges Challenge, which is to use RED as the main color on your project. I have twin boys who are 10 wonderful years old. They are so different... both really great kids. This card is for Jon. He is so athletic, and tenacious, and funny, and dear... Skateboarding is one of his latest endeavors. I just got this Extreme Skateboard stamp from Stampin' Up just in time for Valentine's Day. It's perfect for his Valentine. I found THIS and THIS card by Englishrose over at SCS, and combined ideas from them for my inspiration. I stamped the image in Basic Gray, and then stamped off 3 more times to give it dimension and movement. I sponged around the outside of the image with Bordering Blue ink, added 3 black brads to the top left corner, and popped it up with Dimensionals. The DSP is BasicGrey's Sugar Rush. The Card Stock is Riding Hood Red, Bordering Blue, Basic Gray and White. The sentiment is from MFT's Clearly Sentimental About Chocolate set. I can't wait for my boys to see their Valentines tomorrow. Hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

The Design Team said...

Steph - this is a great (or should I say "sweet") card! Awesome effect and beautifully designed. I'm sure Jon loved it!