Friday, February 12, 2010

Valentines

I was down to the wire with Valentines this year. Valentine's Day falls on Sunday, we had 2 snow days this week - everything is off kilter. So today, I made a few - had to have one for my Mom (love you, mom), and a few others. I did not send out Christmas cards this year, and I VOWED to send Valentines. Ha Ha Ha - that did not happen. I have lots of good intentions...
Anyway, I made this one above for my mom. I pulled out a Hero Arts stamp that I bought years ago. I used my MS heart lace punch and some retired papers that I had not pulled out in a while... I felt like my mom would like that I dug into my stash - she is the queen of thrifty. Before I mailed this card, I added 2 half pearls on the red card stock where the left and right points of the Nesties frames are, and BOY did that make a difference. I just had to get the cards to the post office though, so I could not take more pictures of the cards after I added this embellishment.


These next 3 cards were born of inspiration from Sharon Johnson. I used a very simple layout to make 3 different cards with this adorable Love Puppy stamp from The Cat's Pajamas. As with my mom's card above, I added a red rhinestone to the top and bottom on the black Nestie between the point and the red circle. That made the world of difference, but I had taken the pics before I did that and I had to get to the post office, so I did not have time to re-take the pics. It really looked sooooo much better with the rhinestones... I wish you could see that.
I used the MS heart lace punch on this one. The white card stock showed through this hearts in front - nice touch.
The double heart image on this one and the one above is from Verve's Sweet Valentine set.

I stamped the image twice and cut out the heart and popped it up with Dimensionals. Looks great in person....
Here are the three together. Please excuse the mess on my counter. I was really in a hurry and there was no time for artistic detail! I was very pleased with the way these cards came out. I hope you have a wonderful weekend. Thanks for stopping by, anf Happy Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

The Design Team said...

Great Valentines! Yeah, I'm with you on the delayed Christmas/Valentine cards...good intentions! Maybe St. Patrick's Day cards?! lol