Friday, January 29, 2010

Vintage Valentine

I recently found the wonderful Cuttlebug Challenge Blog, and there I met a new friend - the wonderful and talented June Houck of Simply Elegant Paper Crafts. Vintage Valentine Be Inspired #68 challenge is to create a Vintage Valentine for your someone special. Well, this was right up my alley! Crafty Secrets is sponsoring this challenge - I LOVE their stuff!!! I already had the wonderful Crafty Secrets Cotton Scraps Romance collection in my stash. This and the luscious red silk ribbon came from Sharon Johnson's Stamp Simply Ribbon Store, and the ribbon treatment is one of Sharon's signature embellishments. I came up with this very simple card in the Stamp Simply style. The base of the card is Creamy Caramel. I used a hearts EF with the Cuttlebug to emboss the white panel, punched the corners with the Ticket Corner Punch, mounted it on black and placed half pearls in the corners. The main image is cut from the Crafty Secrets Cotton Scraps Romance Collection, matted with Soft Sage and again with black. I pierced under the image on the Soft Sage. I used the Bow Easy to make the bow. Do you know about this tool?? This is a MUST HAVE! Click HERE to see Sharon's technique for this ribbon treatment. Love is in the air! Have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

BettyBee said...

Welcome to Cuttlebug Challenges! Your card is just beautiful! I just love the layers and that gorgeous bow to accent the image. We look forward to seeing you at Cuttlebug Challenge Blog often!
BettyBee

Maggie Lamarre said...

this is so fabulous. A big welcome to Cuttlebug Challenge.
omg I luv luv it :)
Maggie
http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com
http://cuttingabove.blogspot.com