Friday, January 1, 2010

Flurry of Love

I bought this adorable Pure Innocence set from MFT called "Flurry of Love" and have been wanting to ink it up. Our Creative Corner's Happy New Year Sketch Challenge today - SASSC46 - inspired me to use it.
I love this sweet image and I am pleased with the way it all came together with the sketch. I paper pieced the image with BasicGrey's Eskimo Kiss DP (I can't get enough of it!) and colored the face, stockings and background with my Copics. You can't see it in this photo, but I used a Versa Marker on the flurries and the snow beneath her her feet. I then hot embossed those areas with Hologram Highlights to give it sparkle. I used white Liquid Applique to puff up her hat and boots. I love it!

3 comments:

Jennifer Meyer said...

Adorable card Stephanie!! I LOVE the beautiful paper and precious image, I can see why you wanted to ink her up!

Awesome take on the sketch!! Thanks for playing along with our weekly sketch challenge!

Happy New Year ~ Hugs, Jennifer :)

Karen H. said...

This is wonderful! I love the patterns and colors you used. Great job with the sketch.

June Houck said...

I want one of those MFT Pure Innocence stamps. My friend, Amy Sheffer, has some. They are so precious! I used that same BG paper with a Flopsey MFT stamp awhile ago...great minds think alike! I think we are gonna be friends :)