Sunday, January 31, 2010

Celebrate the Day That Gave Me You

Tomorrow is February 1st, and my husband Joe's birthday. I don't make too many man cards, and of course, this is a very important one. I decided to use SU's Outlaw DSP (retired) and Verve's Mojo Monday Sketch #122 for my layout. I love this sentiment and hearts on a vine image from Verve's Love's Flower. The sentiment is stamped on Choice Buttercream cardstock from Taylored Expressions with VersaFine Vintage Sepia. I colored the hearts and vine directly on the stamp with Soft Sage and Really Rust markers, huffed and stamped. I added some sparkle to the hearts with a gold atyou Spica Glitter Pen. I spent a good bit of time fussing with the color arrangement for the base and matting... I tried several combinations of Soft Sage, Chocolate Chip and Dusty Durango along with a few other brown and rust shades. I finally settled with Chocolate Chip, Soft Sage and Dusty Durango for accents.

Our boys made their own cards for their Dad. He will love them. I made this mini pizza box to hold one of Joe's gifts - a Panera gift card. We actually intended to give him a gift card to go to The Soup Man ("No soup for you!!!") in Princeton, but their computer was down when we went to get it, so we plan B'd it and went to Panera. Anyway, you can find a tutorial for this adorable little box HERE. It's so cute, and makes a great package for little gifts. The box is Chololate Chip, decorated with Outlaw DSP. The circular stamp is from Verve's Accent Notes, and the sentiment is from Verve's Dad's Day. It will be an early birthday breakfast tomorrow. I am off to wrap other treats for the birthday man. Thanks for stopping in today.

No comments: