Thursday, September 12, 2024

Hope Anchors The Soul



There 's a new challenge up on the Just Us Girls Challenge Blog. Sue is our host and she has chosen a wonderful word for us: HOPE, which is often defined as to want something to happen or be the case. There are so many directions in which to go with this word. 

Nancy Salkeld of SoulStampin' with us as Guest Designer for the month of September. Be sure to check out Nance's blog for some wonderful inspiration. 

For my card, I smooshed a background for this single stamp from Neat & Tangled, stamped in versaMark and white heat embossed it, did some outlining with Copics, added some sequins and my card was complete. In difficult times, I always turn to the sea for comfort. It seemed perfect to use this image for my hope themed card.

Please head over to the Just Us Girls Challenge Blog and see the awesome cards the Design Team has created for your inspiration. Choose one to CASE, make it your own, and join us in the gallery. I can't wait to see what you create!

Project Details
Stamps/DiesNeat & Tangled Hope Anchors
Waffle Flower A2 Layers Dies
Cardstock    110lb. Neenah Solar Crest
Bristol Paper
 Ink DO Inks: Tumbled Glass, Uncharted Mariner,
     Antique Linen
VersaMark
Copic markers
EmbellishmentsSequins (unknown source), The Twinery Twine
Other Spellbinders Platinum Plus
Scor-Pal Score Board
Fiskars 12" SureCut Deluxe Craft Paper Trimmer
MISTI Stamping Tool
My Sweet Petunia Precision Glue Press
Ranger White Super Fine Detail EP 
WOW Dual Speed Heat Tool

I'm also playing at:


9 comments:

Carol said...

Stephanie, you got such a cool effect with the smooshed background!And I really like the larger sentiment stamp a lot! You know I love a nautical theme, so this card just caught my eye right away! This would look good framed at a beach house!

I Card Everyone said...

A gorgeous ocean of color and the perfect place to anchor that fantastic sentiment, my friend!
=]

ElizStewart said...

Stephanie... I am laughing to myself. I had actually thought of using your stamp for this week's challenge. Love how you used the sentiment... it is such a great sentiment! BTW... so glad you found the paper pad I used... there is not a bad page in it!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love this! That ink smooching with the sea feel - excellent 😊

Lisa Elton said...

It most certainly does! This was the perfect sentiment stamp to use this week and I like your oceany colors behind it. The little touches of bling bring just the right amount of pizazz. Wonderful card, Stephanie!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Your smooshed background paired with the white embossing looks amazing! Love the twine on the anchor.

Bobby said...

A beautiful expression of the sentiment in your smooshed seascape, Stephanie.

Ina G said...

Big bold and beautiful. Loooooove the background and what a fabulous sentiment - perfect! Love the touch of bling too.

cm said...

Your smooshed ocean/beach background is ever so lovely; the perfect stage for your star-of-the-show sentiment. Wonderful inspiration for our challenge.
hugs~c