Thursday, September 5, 2024

Dazzling Diamonds Happy Birthday

 




 It's time for a new challenge at Just Us Girls. We are hosted by Bobby for Color Week and she has chosen three fabulous colors for us to play with. We extend a warm welcome to the incredibly talented Nance Selkeld of SoulStampin' as our guest designer for September.  Check out Nance's blog for some wonderful inspiration.

Bobby's colors are beautiful and fall-like. I decided to make this Simon Hurley Stencil (Dazzling Diamonds) the star of this card, using blue and rust for the larger diamonds, and Gold Rush Lunar Paste for the smallest ones. I could not capture their shine or even their gold color with my camera, but it truly looks wonderful IRL. I finished the card with a vellum backed die cut Happy Birthday sentiment and my card was complete.

Please head over to the Just Us Girls Challenge Blog and check out the wonderful creations by Nance and the rest of the Design Team. Get crafty with your stash and join us in the gallery! I can't wait to see how our players are inspired.

Project Details
Stamps/Dies/StencilsSimon Hurley Dazzling Diamonds Layering
     Stencil
CZ Design Happy Birthday
Cardstock    110lb. Neenah Solar Crest
80lb. Neenah Solar Crest
SU Cajun Craze
Bazil Vellum
 Ink DO Inks: Rusty Hinge, Blueprint Sketch
Embellishments Gold Rush Lunar Paste
Other Spellbinders Platinum Plus
Scor-Pal Score Board
Fiskars 12" SureCut Deluxe Craft Paper Trimmer
My Sweet Petunia Precision Glue Press
Scor-Pal Score Tape-1/4"
Waffle Flower Sticky Mat
Blending Brushes

I'm also playing at:




Birthday, Rectangle, Die Cuts

8 comments:

ElizStewart said...

Stephanie... you did an amazing job with your stenciling. Coming into your site, I was literally wondering is it DSP or a stencil. LOVE it.

Nance said...

Talk about "dazzling diamonds", your card is a dazzler! Perfect stenciling. A great, crisp colorful celebratory birthday card. Looking forward to guesting all month with you and all the JUGS team!

Carol said...

Perfection in stenciling right here! Great way to make our color the focal point! I know that the shimmer is there and what a stunner this card is in person!

I Card Everyone said...

When I was a tiny little girl, I wanted to help my mom with the ironing... yeah, what the heck was I thinking? MY job was ironing my dad's hankies, and boxers. Is it any wonder that I think of boxer shorts when I see this fabulous stencil?? LOL
SO fun, Stephanie!
=]

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Great stenciling in this week's colors making for a bold, beautiful background. Great choice of the vellum backed sentiment so as not to distract from that amazing background.

Bobby said...

Geometric stencils make great masculine cards IMO, and this one is grand with the addition of the lunar paste, Stephanie. I can see the shine in my mind's eye.

cm said...

WOW! Stephanie, this is one amazing stencil, especially in your hands! Dazzling Diamonds, indeed! Love this!
hugs~c

baileyrosy.com said...

Fabulous card I just love the bold colours and the beautiful stenciling just perfect for our bold colors theme at Colorful Options. Thank you so much for sharing this beauty with us.



Marie