Saturday, September 7, 2024

Hello Fall!

 



 I had the good fortune of being chosen as the winner of the Day Of The Month Card Club July Challenge. With that win came an opportunity to join the Design Team as Guest Designer for a future challenge.


 I am excited to be posting here as Guest Designer for the Day Of The Month Card Club Challenge #67 where the theme is "Autumn Stroll Day" - Anything Goes with a theme of Autumn - my favorite season. I broke out my NBUS (never before used schtuff) Fall Bounty Dies. I have had this wonderful Honey Bee die set since last year and had not used yet. This was the perfect opportunity.

I ran across this video on YouTube Hot Foiling With Dies With Channin who used these dies in her video. When I first die cut and colored them with Distress Oxide Inks, the beautiful detail was lost. When I hot foiled with them using the Glimmer System, the detail shone beautifully. The photo above does not do it justice, but IRL these gourds and leaves look marvelous.

Big thanks to the DOTMCC Design Team for choosing my card and to give me the opportunity to Design with them for this challenge.

Please head over to the Day Of The Month Card Club Challenge Blog to see the wonderful inspiration projects from the Design Team.  Come play with us! We can't wait to see your Autumn themed projects in the gallery.

Project Details
Stamps/DiesPhotoplay I Love Fall Stamp Set
Honey Bee Fall Bounty Dies
My Favorite Things Blue Prints 33 Die-namics
Cardstock    110lb. Neenah Solar Crest
80lb. Neenah Solar Crest
SU Garden Green & Early Espresso
Gina K Pure Luxury heavy base pure ivory
 Ink DO Inks: Scorched Timber, Peeled Paint,
Shabby Shutters,Crackling Campfire, Spiced
Marmalade, Wild Honey, Mustard Seed,
Fossilized Amber,, Scattered Straw, Fired Brick,
Rustic Wilderness, Crushed Olive
VersaMark
Embellishments
Other Brutus Monroe Alabaster Ultra Fine Embossing
     Powder
Simon Says Stamp Forest Floor Embossing
     Folder
Spellbinders Glimmer Hot Foil System
Spellbinders Polished Brass Glimmer Hot Foil
Spellbinders Platinum Plus
Scor-Pal Score Board
Fiskars 12" SureCut Deluxe Craft Paper Trimmer
MISTI Stamping Tool
My Sweet Petunia Precision Glue Press
Scor-Pal Score Tape-14"
3M foam tape
WOW Dual Heat Tool

I am also playing at:

Honey Bee Fall Bounty Dies



Inspired by the season of Autumn and Autumn colors


10 comments:

Rosmarie said...

Wow Stephanie, your fall card is a real eye-catcher! The subtly embossed background and the hot-foiled leaves make it really elegant! Thank you so much for this wonderful card you created as our guest designer for this month! Rosi x

Marcia Hill said...

GORGEOUS card Stephanie! I'm loving all your Harvest Bounty and the beautiful coloring on each of them! They really POP against that lovely embossed background too! Beautiful card my friend and congrats on the GD spot!! Hugs. :0)

LeAnne said...

Ooooh, I just love everything about this card! Those pumpkins and gourds are so lifelike, and that embossed background...I think I NEED it! Gorgeous!

Lisa Elton said...

Congrats on guesting, Stephanie! I'm swooning over that fabulous embossed background. All of that crisp white lets the colorful gourds and pumpkins pop!

Liz said...

Wonderful autumn themed card, I love the embossed background. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week using the Autumn Colours theme.
Liz xx

Fiona said...

Love your card - those vibrant autumnal colours against that gorgeous embossed background. I'm off to see if I can get that embossing folder here in the UK. Thanks for playing along with us at Inspiration Station

Donna Walls said...

Awesome Autumn themed CAS design, I love those die cut images and colors. Thanks for joining us at The Inspiration Station Challenge, best of luck in the draw!
Donna xx
Inspiration Station Challenge
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Paper Funday Challenge

JulieP said...

This is stunning Stephanie!!! And I am in love with that embossing folder. (Gonna do some shopping..LOL!) Thanks so much for playing with us at the Sisterhood!

Sarah said...

A wonderful blast of autumnal colours on this lovely card. Thank you for sharing at Allsorts. Sarah

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous gourds & leaves, Stephanie! Congrats on guest designing at DotMCC!!