Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Hope Your Birthday Is A Splash!

 

I have been very busy trying to get my stash weeded, inventoried and cataloged. I have not been creating very much as I am trying to get this enormous project behind me, but today I was checking out my favorite challenges. I just had to drop everything and play at Just Us Girls where the current challenge is to CASE one of the designers. ALL of the cards are fabulous, but when I saw Carol Mc's card, I knew right where I had to go. 


This is Carol's card. I absolutely LOVE it!


I was inspired by her multicultural women on floats in fashionable bathing suits and hats. What a fabulous take on Time Out's Fashionable Challenge too! I used Avery Elle's Splash stamps and dies to float my women friends on their donut tubes in a lovely pool with water compliments of MFT's Perfect Pool Water Stencil. I used Pretty Pink Posh's Grid Stencil to create a patio around the pool. I had a blast making this, and I just love the way Carol inspired me with her creation.

Project Details
Stamps/DiesAvery Elle Splash stamps & dies
Photoplay A2 Round Rectangle dies
Cardstock    110lb. Neenah Solar Crest
80lb Neenah
PTI Soft Stone
 Ink Memento Tuxedo Black
Copic Markers
VersaMark
PTI Soft Stone
Embellishments Little Things Raindrops by Lucy's Cards
Other Spellbinders Platinum Plus Die Cutting & Embossing Machine
Scor-Pal Score Board
Fiskars 12" SureCut Deluxe Craft Paper Trimmer
MISTI Stamping Tool
Bearly Art Precision Glue
WOW Dual Speed Heat Tool
Pretty Pink Posh Grid Stencil
MFT Perfect Pool Water Stencil

I'm also playing at:


Bottom left to top right - sparkle (on donut floats), die cuts, dry embossing

11 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome case of carols card! They look quite comfortable. Thanks for joining in at JUGS & STB

brenda said...

What a fun summery card, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Carol said...

Stephanie, I love your card so much (and I own that AE set as well). The kind words in your post about my card made me smile! I could use a lesson from you on the MFT water stencil that I own and can't make it look right. So happy that you shared your floating ladies card with us this week at JUGS and hope you return again soon!!!!!!!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Stephanie this is a fabulous CASE of Carol's card - love the punny sentiment too! And perfect for our tic tac toe board - Thanks for sharing with us at The Paper Players this week!

I Card Everyone said...

Nailed it! and had the perfect supplies to do it with style! How fun is it that every one of those 'donuts' has a bite out of it??
I loved Carol's card, too, Stephanie - yours is just as fun and really fantastic!
=]

Claire Broadwater said...

Oh, this is just fabulous! Looks like a perfect summer day to me! Nothing better than floating with friends in the pool with a cold drink! Your card made me smile! So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week!

Lisa Elton said...

Love your cute take on Carol's card, Stephanie! Those gals look like they're living the life! So happy to see your card in the JUGs gallery!

Linby said...

oh I love this and the card you took inspiration from. The pool looks so inviting! and great paving work around it too. Thanks so much for joining us at Allsorts challenge.

Jaydee said...

Stephanie, what a fabulous card and a wonderful take on the inspiration! Your stenciled background is genius. It really does feel like a paved area around a fancy pool.! I want to be on those floaties with a cocktail! So glad you shared this fabulous card with us at The Paper Players this week
Jaydee

Bobby said...

Your CASE of Carol's card is fantastic, Stephanie. I love how you created the pool. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Us Girls.

JulieP said...

I love Carol's card too!!! Your take is so fun and it's awesome that the pool die is large enough for three floaties!!! Thanks so much for thinking of us here at Seize the Birthday!!